Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

Lupo wiper problems

I did the lupo wiper conversion less than a year ago and it was a great improvement.

Now the wipers are shuddering across the screen and are generally pretty crap.

I got two driver arms and blades(part nos. 405/406, i can't remember which).

In the post about the wipers here. the part numbers seem to be different now and also the best combo is 2 driver arms and a driver and passenger blade.

The ones i got came as a blade and arm unit and i can't see any way of re-placing the blades only????????????

Can anybody put me right. :?:

The blade comes off very simply; pull arm back from screen to over-centre position, pivot blade to 90 degrees to arm, pull blade off if it hasn't already fallen off.

Mine judder a bit, especially in light drizzle, and calm down after a while. The improvement in the wiping is more than adequate compensation, though.

Best wishes

RB

The Lupo 'aero' blades themselves are rubbish. It's only the stronger springs in the Lupo arms that produces the miraculous transformation compared with the parker pen spring equipped original arms.

For the smoothest, most satisfying and cleanest wipe..... use normal blades on the Lupo arms. You will just love wiping then :lol:

For the smoothest, most satisfying and cleanest wipe..... use normal blades on the Lupo arms. You will just love wiping then :lol:

I find PVW works well t... oh wait sorry :lol:

I love a satisfying wipe. I might squirt some aloe vera on my blades and see if that helps :D

:lol:

Did you know that according to a recent study, it was found that poor wipers are a contributing factor to road rage!! So all you highly strung C owners, get a good wipe :D

Compared to other, much more vulgar threads in the "Off Topic" area, a bit of light hearted banter about wiper blades is nothing.....

recently did mine... great improvment... just worried about how much replaced blades cost as it looks like VAG are only supplier?

My Lupo blade combo (original driver arm+blade and passenger arm+blade) setup is still going strong.... 2.5 years on!!

Mine have been fine too for the last 18 months, the blades do harden up tho if you use a strong dilution of alcohol in your screenwash...

I had a glass repair done yesterday by the RAC and they de-greased the windscreen inside and out, I then drove down to london today with it raining all the way there and back and the wipers were superb, keeping the screen crystal clear at all times, no judder or smearing...

Halfords now sell the Bosch aero blades for the lupo

yeah that really cheap blue forecourt screenwash made mine judder after a few days.

changed back to the pink vw concentrate stuff in the funny shaped bottle and they where back to being smooth again

My Lupo blade combo (original driver arm+blade and passenger arm+blade) setup is still going strong.... 2.5 years on!!

I've got the same combo and it works a treat :D

Just bought myself a set of lupo Aeros for £42! I'm well chuffed will be fitting them this afternoon, You watch guaranteed it aint gonna rain again anymore!!

Some facts about wiping.... If your windscreen is not clear, it contributes to road rage! Also too much screenwash is a bad thing as it rots your wiper blades! The alcohol in the screenwash does some funny stuff to rubber!

Rain X really does work! you'll cut down the need of a wipe if you use this, as the water doesnt stick to the screen- it flies off the roof!

whats the deal wit rain x? just add to existing wash/water combo then wait and watch? or does it replace wash?

You basically polish the windscreen with it, it's like a clear wax and the rain just runs off it - But, It only really works well if the rain is consistent and also the speed you are doing, good for motorway journeys and does last a long time!