Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Steering woes

I'm hoping someone might be able to assist in shedding some light on a problem with my steering.

A little while ago i had the tracking done on my C sorted out the pull to the left. After a few weeks it came back again, took car into the garage. I had the top mounts and front shocks replaced, have a full four wheel alignment. All was good for a few days then the pull to the left returned. I've just got the it back from a second trip to the garage to have the track rod ends and ball joints replaced, another trip for wheel alignment.

All seems fine but there is a slight quirk that's a little odd. I was driving home and had to make a shape right turn. I heard a twangy noise from the front end, just one twang at about 2/3 lock. Once i had straightened up the car felt heavy on the right and seemed to want to wander to the right. Trying to correct this i found a nice shape left turn and again it did the same another twang and then the steering was nice and even again. Any ideas whats going on and how to correct this.

People will answer this better than I can- but its something to do with your suspension springs not being seated correctly and catching when you go round corners- rather than turning with the wheels like they should.

road camber causing the pull to the left? does it happen on the same stretch of road?

twang....spring not seated in its position correctly??

Strange, cos you've replaced them, but this is classic symptoms of seized top mounts...
Either that or they've been seated wrongly..