Sign in to follow this  
jamest

speeding!!!

I take you did get caught then? I got away with 150+ on the M6 so the book would have been thrown at me big time if I was caught....and it would have been a leather bound hard back one aswell...ouch!

not been caught but just trying to work out if i ever did whether i would have to meet bubba in the showers...

I think there is every possibility that you could be someone's b1tch if you got caught :D

That's the trouble with VRs though...they'll do 145 easily, so takes a lot of self restraint!

Jamest, speeding is not clever, especially on public roads unless there is a dam good reason for it. (scooby springs to mind :lol: ) I am not whiter than white but I do recognise that there is a time and a place. with me 30mph means 30mph. national speed limit is open to interpretation (although i wouldn’t like to put that case forward) The point of all of this is (IMO) reckless driving and speed = casualties. Watch out for chaves and enjoy your self where you can. Life is a risk, calculable in places but you must be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.

Safe driving and good luck! :lol:

i am with you 110%!

exactly the same: 30=30, national speed limit= whatever is safe and-

empty, clear motorway should be about 230mph...

really pisses me off people who will have a word for booting it on the motorway and then will cruise past a school doing 45!!!!

i wish the feds had the same attitude

It all comes down to that age old "inappropriate speed" argument again. Speeding in urban areas where there's a strong risk of hitting someone is a definite no-no but exceeding 70mph on a long straight motorway where the only person you're likely to injur is yourself (unless you cause a pile-up), I don't have a problem with.

I think you could be about to get royally screwed if you were caught doing that kinda speed on the motorway.

I think at the end of the day the majority of Corrado owners have been there, trying to find out what their cars can actually do and in my opinion a quiet stretch of motorway is about as safe as its likely to get. But if they caught you at that speed, the law will make an example of you. God knows some guy in an M3 was actually in the NEWS about a year ago for being caught going at 155MPH.

I think you could be about to get royally screwed if you were caught doing that kinda speed on the motorway.

I think at the end of the day the majority of Corrado owners have been there, trying to find out what their cars can actually do and in my opinion a quiet stretch of motorway is about as safe as its likely to get. But if they caught you at that speed, the law will make an example of you. God knows some guy in an M3 was actually in the NEWS about a year ago for being caught going at 155MPH.

...........probably being chased by "big bubba" :lol:

LOL! I'm getting horrible visions! I do speed a bit but only when safe, as soon as it becomes a built up area with pavements and curbs and schools etc, the speed comes right down. I've "only" had mine up to 130, guess I bottled it a bit, too many cars, I need a real clear stretch to do 145. Yea I remember that guy was in the news for doing 155 in his M3, if only they knew all the people that go that quick.

Read this with interest after my trip home fom Christmas vacation. I drove from Lincoln to the North of Scotland, a distance of 450 miles. I left at 3am and was doing really well until I hit the A9 north of Perth and was snow bound for an hour! Total time for this journey, including fuel stops and getting stuck in the snow, was 6 hours door to door. It was a perfectly clear, dry, traffic free night, until the snow hit. I remember GPS speeds of double the speed limit being registered on some stretches of road. Haven't had this much fun in the C for a long time- it did manage to kill my front CV/Ball joint off though!

The joys of living near an Autobahn are becoming ever more apparent!

They do indeed a friend of mine got one recently and they are superb!!

Not cheap for a decent one though - around £300 +

u get a fine and a few months ban,,, if you hold ya hands up and admit to it,,,, unless u got a proven track record with the police anyways then ya f***ed proper f***ed ;)