Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Are all Porsche owners w......?

IMO the guy who replys does HIMSELF no favours at all, he makes him self look like a prick.

You cant type cast all Porsche owners like that Phat, thats just fucking stupid :?

My neighbour was a massive Porsche freak with a 928S2 but he finally saved up enough for a tidy 1993 968. After he got the 968 he was a total arse and didn't have anything nice to say about any car other than those badged with 'Porsche.' My experience of Porsche owners has consisted mostly of the snobbery that Phat was talking about.

The guy who wrote the letter is clearly clueless and, no doubt, hung like a church mouse on a cold day. "Lesser cars" indeed....there's no help for some people.

As a VR6 owner whos "other cars a Porsche" I can agree that GT Mag is not one that I have seen mentioned on the Porsche Club Forum and from my experience would be good for cutting up for making posters for the children's room. His reply is not one that I would think any genuine Porsche enthusiast would agree with as if he knew anything about Porsche history he would know that there has been lots of close collaboration between VW an Porsche in the past. The 914 is even badged as such! Ferry porsche was also responsible for using a large no. of VW parts in the 356 cars.

If you have questions on brake mods speak to the experts. Colin Belton at Ninemeister may be able to help.

Ultimately it is the pad to disk area that defines how well you will stop. Most of the improvements are gained through better cooling. I run a standard setup on the 964RS for track days and have only added additional ducts for cooling to help matters. Bigger calipers make no difference as sooner or later the friction between rubber and tarmac lets go.

With the VR 6 the way to go is G4 or Seat Cupra brembos as the parts bin is all the same and carriers are more liable to fit. Some of the Lupo guys have done this mod. Remember to fit a bigger brake cylinder otherwise you may drain the old one with 4 pots when you have half the pads left!

Happy Corrado owning Porsche *****R who prefers his Lupo

dubbprince, them wheels are Phatt

i think the guys been a bit misunderstood,,,but seems like a twat anyways,, forget him do what ya like,,best way, its not like u dont kno what ur doing is it...

no, they aren't my wheels.

I don't actually think mine are genuine porsche items actually, I can't find any markings on them to say so, and apparently all porker wheel will have a porsche part number on them. they are usually made by fuchs, bbs or speedline anyway.