Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Boost return pipe

Want to put a pipe on the boost return to quieten the whistle a bit, just wondering what diameter the pipe is that comes off the throttla body?

Cheers

Beavisjem

I am thinking to go for this mod too.

Do i really need to open the charger and spray some PTFE spray on it?

Does this mod worth?

What bennefits will it bring?

Does the engine run different?

me too!

is it just a blanking plate(for where exactly?),a piece of rubber pipe(again which end where?) and a filter or catch tank? plumbed in where?

pictures of peoples boost return set ups would be good. :D

not really a boost return is it? thinking about it??? :oops:

neil.

not really a boost return is it? thinking about it???

It is a boost return mod, as in it stops the boost returning to the charger! :D

is it just a blanking plate(for where exactly?),a piece of rubber pipe(again which end where?) and a filter or catch tank? plumbed in where?

The blanking plate fits onto the charger on the opposite side to where the airbox pipe goes in, you have to take the plastic pipe that comes out of the bottom of throttle bodie and runs to the other inlet on the charger, removing the oil breather pipe from the rocker cover to plastic pipe and also the pipe from the isv to boost return pipe. Once thats done you can fit the blanking plate over the inlet of the charger and fix a breather filter onto the isv. quite a few people run a catch can from the oil breather on the rocker cover which you can locate anywhere you like.

The charger will run alot cooler after the mod as it's not sucking hot boosted air anymore!

I add some PTFE spray grease every couple of months to keep it lubed up as it doesn't get any lubrication from the oil mist in the boost return from the oil breather any longer.

Hope this helps ya

You spray it in airbox side just take off the airbox pipe and start the engine making sure no crud gets in there, start the car up and spray the PTFE for a second or 2, turn off the engine and rig up the airbox again. Job done for a month or 2 :) 8)

BeavisJem, did you manage to get some pipe for this??

Think I need to do the same - it's a bit noisy!

Also, I have just fitted the pipe supplied with the kit to the cam cover breather but the idle is still not great (was much worse when the pie wasn't fitted at all) - will a catch tank improve this? - I suppose I could test with a plastic bottle lol...

Think I need to do the same - it's a bit noisy!

when is it more noisy m8?

a whoosh letting off the throttle?

dont think running a catch tank rather than a filter willmake any difference...

neil.

Din;t manage to find a pipe yet, i got one of those corrigated foil pipes but it blew a hole in it after a couple of weeks. Got to say i am use to the noise now and with the radio i don;t hear it, when i did have the pipe on for a bit i wanted the sound back :) tee hee

the woosp is lound when you let off at high reves but you get a slight metallic squeel as the excess boost is rushing through the throttle body. Its there on part throttle about 2.5 - 3 is where its most noticible. 70mph

Beavisjem

a whoosh letting off the throttle?

dont think running a catch tank rather than a filter willmake any difference...

Yeah just the whoosh sound, there is no filter on it, just an open pipe - filter is on the ISV

clubcorrado.fr.st, where is your ISV? (Idle Valve)

BeavisJem, yeah, same here - might leave it then... (just didn't want it to sound to Chav...)