Sign in to follow this  
HiAsAKite

600BHP Corrado bull?

I like the comment made below that by taking his 1.6 Driver and putting a GTI Cam he got 380bhp. UTTER Balls! Unless I'm greatly mistaken but I would have thought this quite c**p

"I have a 1.6 driver with the old gti cam in it and some subtle mods and its now kicking out around 380bhp."

380bhp from a 1.6ltr driver engine!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!! and to think the evo8 can only get a weedy 400bhp from a 2ltr!!!!

This guy needs a smack in the face!

Wait the site above has mafe me sooo mad! " I'm currently running a 1L 84 Polo with the air filter removed, boosting power to 426bhp @ 8750rpm" WTF?????? 426bhp from a 1ltr polo???? i am going to join this site and rupp into um!

Wait the site above has mafe me sooo mad! " I'm currently running a 1L 84 Polo with the air filter removed, boosting power to 426bhp @ 8750rpm" WTF?????? 426bhp from a 1ltr polo???? i am going to join this site and rupp into um!

I'm sensing more than a little sarcasm in that guy's response too. That's probably what I'd have come up with as a reply - I like his style.

i might try some angry bees too, they seem to be a good mod. do you think the size of the jar will affect how much boost they make?

i bet he could get 600bhp out of that engine..........a 400bhp shot of nitrous would sort that out!!! i just wanna be there when he presses the button!

PVW, typical, aimed at the kids with no knowledge, petrol-heads. We've got them as of recent at Coventry Uni as well on the automotive engineering and autosports courses. They know their spanners, but do they know what a Fourier Transform is there for, or dare I mention Finite Element Analysis (all the basic principles of physics still hold, no matter how nicely you wrap them up ;-) )? Nope. That's why a high-rise cammed GTI can kick out 300 bhp or more :lol:

Tempest

I'm not exactley an expert on forced induction but have you senn many cars with a turbo & Supercharger? sounds a bit like pub talk? i guess of money is no object then it is possible but surely just one big supercharger or twin turbos are better?

Nope. Turbo and supercharger combinations have been used in the past, possibly most notably in the Lancia S4 rally car. It combines the low-end grunt of a supercharger with the top-end power of a turbocharger. The theory is sound but I'd question the ability of a student on an HND course to complete a project of that scale himself - money no object or not.

The problem with a massive supercharger is that it would sap a considerable amount of power itself. To be honest if huge power is all the guy is after then maybe a massive turbo would be the path to follow.

Regardless, still sounds like the sort of talk that would come from the mouth of an over-indulgent White Lightning drinking 17 year old.

Classic :lol:

here in ireland we have a site that attracts a lot os this kind of crap, its a cruisers site!

there is one lad who rekons he will get 500 bhp out of a 1.8T 225 engine with no turbo mods

We got the 270bhp 1.6 single cam turbo people here

these people are the ones who belittle people who make realistic statements about bhp on the web too!

Muppets! :lol:

i find the best thing to do is to wind them up and watch them go!

Jees, the PVW forum is just as bad as the magazine!

The mag is still better IMO... I find it difficult to wipe my arse on a forum...

I farted in my car last night and i think its now pusing out 750Bhb! I cant believe it! all i need to do now is get some neon under the car and that will give me another 500Bhp!

classic turbo/supercharged car - the Nissan 'March super-turbo' or micra to us non japanese people. 110bhp from a 930cc engine...not bad going!

classic turbo/supercharged car - the Nissan 'March super-turbo' or micra to us non japanese people. 110bhp from a 930cc engine...not bad going!

The daihatsu Charade GTti got 100bhp from 993cc with just a bottle cap sized turbo.... they were pretty darn quick and used to embarrass Renault 5 and Uno Turbos, RS Turbos etc... very quick off the line but not much top end grunt tho.

Charade was only a 3-pot as well...!

Anyway, everyone knows that fog lights on during the day gives you at least an extra 300BHP... :roll:

i thought foglights on during the day only gave 200bhp?

i thought it was those tyre fly things that gave you the most increase in power? proven 427bhp on the rollers!

wonder if: the neon under a corrado has been done. I saw one on a honda melody.. I almost crashed from laughing. The things people do.! madness