Sign in to follow this  
Jon TDI

New motor

Haven't been on here for quite a while, but just dropped by to show you my new motor.

Hope you like!........ & no jokes please! :lol:

JRSide.jpg

better than spending a few grand more for a polo, when all you get is the badge. The car is essentially a VW so I think you made a good choice

better than spending a few grand more for a polo, when all you get is the badge. The car is essentially a VW so I think you made a good choice

It's even better when you can buy from the internet & have £885 worth of options, but still be cheaper that a standard spec model from the dealer!!

What engine does the vRS have in it? Is it the 150 PD unit from the Golf or the current VAG 2.0? I remember the vRS beating the Mini around the track on Top Gear, LOL!

Those 150 PD units were insane. I saw a standard one (in a MK4 Golf) churn out 180 bhp and 270 lb/ft torque on Stealth's rollers! When chipped they deliver 200 bhp with over 300 lb/ft! Mind you, 350 lbs is the max the gearbox can handle though.

It's the 130 PD engine. Usually kick out 145bhp & 230lb.ft when run-in.

People have seen 185-195bhp & 320lb.ft when remapped/chipped!!

The clutch is the weak point though. Continued use of all that torque can lead to clutch slip or, at worst case, a dead clutch!