Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Swanky aerials

Not normally a fan of tacky bolt-on Halfords goods but these caught my eye on Richbrook's site earlier whilst looking for some metal wheel valves.....

They look quite nifty as far as stumpy modded aerials go. Might have to invest in a black one me thinks :)

Exactly such a little piece of magic in silver/chrome colour adorns the roof of my Rado :lol:

Can't quite work out their theft-proof-feature, because anyone with a suitabel Allen-key can still take the aerial off, I suppose your average thief wouldn't carry the right Allen key, let alone know what an Allen key is :lol:

Tempest

I came back to my old 1990 Mk.2 several years ago to find someone had ripped the whole aerial, including the base, off the roof and bent the roof panel in the proces. I can testify that the aerial in question was neither theft-proof nor drunken-moron-proof.

I've got a shiny silver metal one with a little Wolfsburg Edition badge on the top. Was a right b*stard to get on though, you'd think they'd make them to fit VW threads....

got any pics of yours on the C Tempest?

Sure, a rather old picture by now, as it shows one of the 2 aerials that come in the pack (a long and a short rod, I'm running with the short rod now, as radio reception I found to be crap with both and even with the original ugly horrible black plasticky bendy thing - probably my amp in the aerial base is shot), but nevertheless:

3left2.jpg

Tempest