Sign in to follow this  
Adam858

Just brought my first Corrado

Hi all

I've been a long time lurker on the forums here, I've finally replaced my very tired old 1600 vw camper (54 bhp I believe!), with a VR6 Corrado, should be in my hands soon. So gives me an excuse to post at last...

Bit of a risk though for a first timer as its got 150,000 on the clock, tell me I havent just made a big mistake? :oops: Engine sounds much quieter than others I've looked at so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed over the next few years.

I'm sure to be bugging you all soon, so watch out for my typical newbie posts which will be coming your way shortly, :lol:

Thanks for all the help you've all given me so far, even though you didnt know it.

Ad

Welcome to the wonderful world of Corrado ownership mate :D

I bet the VR will be a tad quicker than your camper :lol:

I bet the VR will be a tad quicker than your camper :lol:

After considerable thought, I'd be inclined to agree with you :lol:

Welcome to the wonderful love hate relationship you will have with your C Adam858

I don't think mileage is a problem,I remember Vince@stealth tellin me about a low mileage VR in at the same time as mine which was knackered compared to my double the mileage car.

A higher mileage much loved car would always be the better option IMO and if u dint like the look of it on ya speedo, change the cluster.

Hiya mate, not having a C shouldnt have bothered you about postin, were all quite friendly.......well most of us. but welcome anyway and hope all goes well with your new pride and joy. Nice name by the way :)

Good choice mate and welcome!,

My vr6 has done 140,000 miles and is quieter than my mates thats done 72,000 miles, hows that! :D

Woooohooooo! Just drove it home! Does seem to have a slight edge over my camper, lol.

All seems ok so far, although the ABS light stayed on on one of my many short trips out tonight, wonder what thats gonna cost me.......

Thanks for the miliage comments, feel a bit less worried now, well sorta. I allocated some of my budget for expected problems so hopefully it wont bankrupt me straight away.

Woooohooooo! Just drove it home! Does seem to have a slight edge over my camper, lol.

All seems ok so far, although the ABS light stayed on on one of my many short trips out tonight, wonder what thats gonna cost me.......

Thanks for the miliage comments, feel a bit less worried now, well sorta. I allocated some of my budget for expected problems so hopefully it wont bankrupt me straight away.

Where about's do you live ?

I'm sure someone on here will VAG-COM it for you to find out your ABS problems and also check your ECU for fault codes.

Wellcome to the forum by the way :wink:

I live in Margate, for my sins. :(

My local V-Dub garage are having a play with it later today hopefully, I've been using the car all day today and havent seen the abs light since, so could have been a one off (yeah, right!).

Woooohooooo! Just drove it home! Does seem to have a slight edge over my camper, lol

Welcome Adam, your comment says it all.

Plenty of posts in here re ABS so should be able to sort that pretty easily. CU somewhere soon no doubt

*mod edit - fixed your quote for you - Henny*

Welcome to the forum, and at 150K miles, it should be nicely broken in :-) My last valver had nearly that, and the Passat was nearly 180K miles before that. I'd take high miles over low on an older car any day.

Yep, definately well broken in, :D he he, first post and you've already noticed ive got shat spelling, lol.

For insurance I had a very favourable quote from egg (the credit card company), £712 fully comp, i'm 23 with 4 yrs no claims. Although the camper was £260 with nil no claims on a classic policy.

ABS light behaved it's self today, I shall be preying to the V-dub god to see all is ok. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to getting mileage to an even 'loser' 200,000..........