Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

what this then?

whilst replacing the coil pack I noticed a disconnected yellow lead with a white connector ( see pic)

Located under the loom going to the main fan (right side looking at engine under the coil pack area)

Anyone got any ideas?? and where should it go?

total guess here :?:

is it a connector for the dim/dip headlight facilty?

if c's even have that! :lol:

if it is then it will plug into a connector double the size,which leads to a yellow coil.

neil.

they normally run towards the bulk head or inner wing,to a coil if thats what it is? dim/dip connector?

havent got a clue to be honest though m8 :lol:

My G60 has a very similar wire to this - not connected to anything. My suspicion is that it's for a component that's not fitted to your car. Many manufacturers (around the time when Corrado's were built) made 1 engine loom for each engine type. If certain features were not installed on the car, the wires were either cut off or just left alone.

Does the connector look like it's ever been attached to anything ?

As far as i've been told the yellow/black wire is part of the air con system. cars that dont have aircon just have the wire there its not supposed to connect to anything............i too got a bit concerned when i noticed it was disconnected

stevemac, come to think of it the connector does look pristine...so maybe is another one of Wolfsburg's ways to confound us all in later years