Sign in to follow this  
PeterMunns

BBS Split rims 16"

Hi After getting very pissed about trying to get rims brandnew of ebay and being done over twice (got money back thou!)

Have brought some BBS 3 piece Splits From a Merc !

Does anyone know the PCD and ET of Mercedes 5 stud....?? PLEASE

Yes it is the same as some Audis (A4 etc..) and also VW Passats, Golf MK5 and others. Yes it will affect you as they will not fit your car without adapters. If they have a high enough offset you will be OK. What width are they and what offset do they have stamped in the back, or under the centre cap?

Jay

G60Renshaw,

I don't know as i havn't picked them up yet. All i know there 16" think by 8"

Will ask the bloke what they are but i don't think he knows what his selling......i hope lol

So if the of set is high you just get spacers...?? And if its too low you widen your arches...or jack the car up...??

If they are 8x16 you will want to achieve an offset of about ET25/ET30.

So if they are already ET40 or less you are going to have problems getting them to look sensible. The adaptors are going to be a minimum of 30mm if you are converting from 4 stud, if you have 5 stud already you are going to need 18mm adaptors. Not good.

Jay

A little aside - Petermunns how did you get your money back - I've sent a cheque to the seller but he hasnt delivered anything as yet (been several weeks) and hardly responds to my emails. I'm thinking of the baseball bat approach....

fla,

Well i payed using pay pal don't think you have any come back with cheques...? If his in england drive over there if you have his address i would..! How much you lose

The rears you could change to Audi one, but you would also need the caliper carriers as the discs are bigger.

The fronts is a lot more complicated, nothing fits anything else, if you change the bearings and hubs, you need to change the CV joint, if you change the CV joint you need to change the Driveshaft and so it goes on.

Jay

G60Renshaw,

I heard of some bloke getting a shop to re-machine the front hubs and getting them re-drilled....this possible..??

Well changing caliper carriers and the discs is ok and not a big deal if it just swaps over...??

Changing the front sounds quite extreme thou.. :(

G60Renshaw,

Some thing wrong its was me who was buying them not selling them lol :)

well if the ET is ok will still go on. Wont know what to do till i pick them up thou

Worst case scenario, as Jay said, put them back on ebay (or a VAG/Merc Forum).

Buy a new set with VAG fittments (- insider info - Justmatz are getting a large batch of 4 & 5 Stud BBS splits in 15, 16 and 17.)

Petermunns, only lost a tenner but the principle of it is bad. Puts me off Ebay a bit.

To find 16'' BBS RS in 4x100 could take you a while and cost you a bit, i paid over £800 for mine. Hate to say it but these rims you've bought ain't gonna fit, the only RS' with a high enough offset to get away with a different PCD using adapters are the porsche 5x130's.

Best put them back on Ebay

Assuming you have 4x100 they'll bolt straight on yes.

If you use 5x100 you won't get 16''s, you can get 17'' 301's as OSV(look in the members gallery for his C)has BUT you'll have to do a VR6 hub conversion, Adapters won't work.

If you use 5x130 you can use adapters so long as the offset is high enough, at least et45 and above.

Hope that helps!!