I went to scarborough the other wkend,i was driving down marine drive with a bit of a poser behind me in a convertable merc thinking he was the biz,went past a group lads and i heard them say"LOOK A G60"they totally ignored the spanking new merc :oops: quality moment 8) :lol:

Not exactly a chuftie, but had a bizarre moment yestarday, watching my two 75+ year old aunties clambering out the back of my car at my nieces christening to rapturous applause and laughter from the family crowd gathered outside the church.

My bro came over laughing and said "You've gone wrong, you"

Combined age of car and all occupants was 231 :lol:

(could've gone in my missus' focus, but where would the fun have been in that?)

While I was getting rubber fitted to my Solitudes and wheels changed yesterday two guys waiting for mechanics were looking at and discussing my car.

One came over to chat, said it was a lovely car. Told me only 500 were made (like I didn't know!!!!) asked if it was for sale.

I said NO but what would he offer. He said 5K so still very definitely NO.

Seems he was a bit of a trader as he was shipping cars to South Africa. He reconed Corrados were never ever sold in S.A. (or was that VR6's) so he could get a good price for importing them though getting parts would be impossible!!

was up the drive for 1 day and got a comment....somerfield delivery guy

"thats a very nice corrado there, its in very nice condition"

well he actually told my mum that, and she told me later on, when she told me i just went, "oh right", then went round the corner with a MASSIVE grin on my face..made me happy i bought it :D

I was walking back to my car in Tesco's car park (a long walk cos I was waaay over in the corner away from the 4x4s and people carriers :lol: ) and the rather tasty Mk2 Golf that I'd seen was leaving... he drove past and spotted my C, then looped around and rolled past again really slowly taking a look. We smiled and nodded at each other and he went on his way :D

came out of the metrocenter on tuesday night to find a guy in a fiat coupe taking photos of my car, much to the bemusement of my g/f and her daughter who 'dont think its anything that special' :roll:

I've not had many moments like this but I was at the stealers getting a fuel filter, when I got out of the parts dept I seen a guy get out of his R32, go over to the C, g around it, have a look inside and then admire it again and then get back into his R32. And about the same time, 2 of the guys working there went over to it aswell, and were just standing a little further back (not to make it too obvious that they were looking) and then when I went past them, I could hear them talking about it.

Oh I do love her, wouldn't trade her in for anything

Took her in for a service at the Stealers, lol, one of the salesman comes running in the service dept shouting "That's a Storm isn't it", I'm like yeh, so we have a chat for a bit and he has this huge grin on his face the whole time.

I later asked the guy (who was servicing my car) what the salesman drives.... "a Porsche", needless to say, I'm extremely chuffed :-D

Do i get the gold medal ????

Brought 1st ever Corrado at 1pm, drive round corner to fill up with juice, pull in, get out of motor, bloke comes over - "nice car mate" - first complient after 5 minutes of ownership - wahay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

OK so he did go on to say "got any spare change" but made me feel good !!!

Well, not really a Chuftie, I suppose, but I was pulled the other day by the coppers (I narrowly avoided talking myself into a 'I still don't think I did anything wrong, officer') and while they gave me a seven day wonder, had to do the sitting-in-the-back-of-the-panda bit. The talky cop was asking details of the car, and he said 'what's the literage?'. I didn't understand, thought it might be Bristolian, so I said 'What?'. He said 'the engine size?'. I said (quietly) '2.9', and the driving copper said 'no wonder I couldn't keep up!'. I had to restrain myself, but satisfied my mischevious nature by just answering 'I couldn't possibly answer that.'

I did get quite a few looks when towing my mate a couple of months ago. He has a 1956 Karmann Ghia, and the throttle cable snapped. I towed him about 17 miles back to Bristol, getting many turned heads. I reckon that's the only time a Karmann Ghia has been powered by a VR6!

paulim, did i drive past you on cotham brow 2 weeks ago? you were waiting to pull out?

Sounds about right - waiting to pull out!

Yeah, I live on Cotham Brow, park the blackberry wreck on Freemantle Road (the non-house bit)!

And if I did see you, I might have waved, but don't expect me to remember, especially if it was in the morning!

man i f***ig love my car.

decided to go for a drive today and got sooo many people staring and getting a good look at it, i love looking at my rear mirror viewer when i drive past them cos i see they look back! :D

even when i got a busy garage and say "number 8 please" the amount of people that look at it and i hear them say "thats smart"etc behind me!

i reckon the c is one of the best looking cars ever!

thank god nobody bought them when they were released cos they wouldnt be rare

i look outta my window at times and see people who walk past really getting a good look at it!!

damn i feel good lol

Not a chuftie but my old boss thought my VR was a Passat!!! FFS!

If I cleaned her more often Im sure I would get more comments. I think part of the appeal is yes, it is rare, but also it is affordable, unlike Porsches etc.

Just had the usual, "bet she's a bit quick" to which I give the obligatory "yea, not too bad"

had owned the G60 for about 45 mins, just pulling into my road (taking lots of care over the stupid speed bumbs!) when a guy told his lil nipper 'thats got some speed that'

made me smile and realise one of the many reasons i bought her! :D

Had one the other day, Driving through (a packed) Newquay in the blistering sunshine following a minted mk1 gti when i heard a chap say "check out the mk1, OOO and a corrado too, very nice!!"

My girlfriend ALWAYS gets the chufties in the 'raddo tho, she was in the petrol station when some bloke stopped her and said "does it go as good as it looks? iv always liked those, the best looking car VW ever made"!!

I was cleaning / polishing this evening and two young lads (10 or 12 ish) rode into the cul de sac and stopped on their bikes.

One lad says 'I really like your car. There wasn't many made was there?'

I agreeded.

Lad goes on to say 'Jeremy Clarkson said they are a good car to get'

I was a little surprised and said I thought he was too young to have seen the programme and been interested.

Lad says 'Oh no, I love cars.....have you had it long?.....I know what a V6 is, what's a VR6?.....have you had to replace much?......has it got leather?.........etc etc'

I engaged in conversation for a while talking about the end of production, engine size and bhp, wishbone bushes, engine mounts and the likes then he came out with the best bit yet.

Lad says 'I've never seen a woman polish a car' :roll: