Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

2.0L 16v 0-60 in 6.2 secs

the speedo seems way too smooth imo AND how accurate is a speedo anyway

easy to fool the speedo with different size wheels (rolling radius)

yeah loads of peeps live near me... im near guildford so everyone is more than welcome to check it out...

*still waiting for a free period to do another run...*

and the fatspot was ironed out with a fueling problem.... now OK...

and the cars still 4 sale!!! £3k now... i need the cash 4 the lotus real quick....

it on autotrader and loot now... going on e-bay 2night!!!

will be sold with no reserve and 3 day listing!!!

I only ask because the acceleration seems constant, even through gear changes.

Indeed. Even though you can hear the engine note drop the speedo acceleration doesn't even dip - it's constant. Even allowing for some "lag" in the response of the speedo, you would expect that "dip" to occur after each gearchange. And those gearchanges are quick, but not quick enough not to cause any dip in acceleration (unless he's got a DSG gearbox in there).

Secondly, as has been pointed out, he's already reading over 10mph at 0 seconds.

Thirdly, he's short-shifting; according to the speedo reading, and going by the sound, he's changing out of second and into third at 50. You'll never get the best out of a 16V short-shifting it like that when everything is at the top end.

Personally? I think it's a video edit. Piece of cake with even basic stuff like Pinnacle Studio. I think the audio's there, but the video has been edited with the speedo acceleration dips flattened out, possibly with the video sped up a bit. The only way to be sure would be to see a video with both speedo and tacho running in synch :)

If I had the inclination I could show you my G60's speedo hitting 60 in 2 seconds, but I really can't be arsed ;)

Still, it's a laugh :)

The description above of the short shifting and so on is consistent with getting the best from the torque plot shown in the previous thread - lots of grunt at 3k rpm, and tailing off heavily above 5k.

I think the "timed run" and the torque plot, regardless of the speedo movement, are from another car (or the same car with a G60 engine).

But that's just my opinion which is, of course, total fabrication and quite probably bullsh1t, so there you go.

Wow...this thread is awesome. A rolling road springs to mind for a repeat run - a likely candidate for the original run in fact: low resistance for high 'virtual' acceleration and non-existant deceleration between gear-changes.....hmmmm.

wait 'til march and I'll show you a video of a G60 pulling 0-60 in sub 6 seconds! ;) 8) (with a seconds clock in view! ;) )

The description above of the short shifting and so on is consistent with getting the best from the torque plot shown in the previous thread - lots of grunt at 3k rpm, and tailing off heavily above 5k.

Doesn't sound like a 16V motor though, does it? I know the torque peak moves down the range on the 1.8 (and this is the 2.0 apparently) if you use exhaust cams on the inlets (or is it the other way round?) but I don't believe for a second it's going to move it THAT much.

I think the "timed run" and the torque plot, regardless of the speedo movement, are from another car (or the same car with a G60 engine).

But that's just my opinion which is, of course, total fabrication and quite probably bullsh1t, so there you go.

Indeed; if the video is indeed genuine (although I have my reservations due to the acceleration being linear even through gearchanges) the thought had crossed my mind that the shift points are very much in line with a G60...

Either that, or it IS a tuned 2.0 16V, but in a Mk1 ;)

I think its def down a very steep hill-this might explain the lack of dip whilst changing gears (the cars own weight is still helping it accelerate) It doesnt sound right!!!!! wee porky pies in my eyes

Cheers Fraser

Still good for a laugh though, isn't it? :)

Wonder if he'll 'fess up and tell us whose theory was closest ;)

ah if only we could take our VR's for a tune up and as if by a miracle- we will be hitting 60 in under 4 secs if his logic is anything to go by!

the cars now been sold ... if the new ower signs up... *i told him about the forum* he will !!!!! tell ya how quick my Corrado was !!!

serious i was not chatting rubbish i'm not the type of person who chats shite!!

i will also post a video of my new car 0-60 ... probs about the 4 second time!!! YEY *sniff* gonna miss the corado tho....