Riley

Late Black G60

If you want a job done...do it yourself!! Women!! dont know one end of a paintbrush to the other!!!

by the way, nice driveway Riley, thats a close call between the bottom of your car and the road!! ive grinded a section of my front splitter off where it hits on the rad each time i come out of my driveway!!

8)

Ye old fk rear lights have gone,felt good sticking the standard fitment ones back in actually! lot better fit...after some tweaking of course :D

originalbacklights1.jpg

originalbacklights.jpg

originalbacklights2.jpg

originalbacklightsred1.jpg

originalbacklightsred2.jpg

originalbacklightsred.jpg

originalbacklightsrednew.jpg

originalbacklightsrednew1.jpg

originalbacklightsrednew2.jpg

Also smoked another spare standard set i had...gonna try these on tommorow...think i prefer the reds already though?

originalbacklightssmokefitted.jpg

originalbacklightssmokefitted1.jpg

Those smoked ones do look good, interested to see what they look like on the car.

Did you find the fittment easy, not got round to doing mine yet.

Aye. 8)

I stuck the sticker on somewhere near,same amount sticking out all round.Smoothed out from the center,and in the oven at 100c for 8 seconds...remove and stretch round the corners/over the sides.

Kept doing that until they were stretched/stuck all nice and tight,then cut the excess off.

Neil.

Riley, whats the flash like will you need a green bulb?

Looking good mate :)

EDIT just read your other post :lol:

Not sure on the reds yet, undecided as to go with tinting my FK's top half or using the red film on them as quite like the crystal-look (or just flogging them on), or tinting the top-half of the spare set I have black as on my old white G60 (see pics below, think they loved ace on it) or getting another spare set of standard lights and using the red film on them, decisions, decsions.........maybe I will do all three, LOL!

DSC01056-1.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

Think th all-red looks goo on the black though mate, nice one !

Aye,i know what your saying m8 :!:

Im still in the same undecided position :lol: ive got the smoked ones on now...and i dont think i like em as much...but tbh the crystals are off the menu for me,hate how they forever get full of shat in the nicks.Although they do look good!

Not sure on yours...theres a white porsche 968 near me,all reds obviously and it looks awesome with the white paint 8)

Neil.

Indicators flash orange with with the top-tinted lights I did, and reverse showed fine as well, no need for lines on the reverse light portion to be left untinted. She passed an MOT no probs and I never been stopped by old bill in either rado !

BTW that's my old white G60 in the pics above, not long after it's full respray, thought it looked real good with the tinted lights and dark tinted windows etc. My new G60 is Subaru sonic blue in colour, and have only ever had the FK crystal-smoked on it, which am not sure bout now (whatever happens they will be getting cleaned and dechromed when I get her back and on the road !).

Cheers

Ahhh...presumed you currently had the white one! :D

I wanted the smoked fk's for mine,but ended up with the clear tops instead...

Oh,i managed to try the smoked lights earlier...prefer the reds i think. :? And minging car again :(

radobacklightswithsmoke.jpg

radobacklightswithsmoke1.jpg

Also managed this,but it went dark way too quick! :p

smokedfogsandindicaters1.jpg

smokedfogsandindicaters2.jpg

smokedfogsandindicaters3.jpg

Riley, same question as before, whats the flash like through the smoked? I think I'd prefer the smoked for my C but do agree the all reds suit yours better, might just order both aswell though :)

Sorry m8,presumed you were asking the tartanjudge :oops:

The smoked indicaters flash orange with the normal bulbs 8)

Neil.

Did you try the fog/indicator back on the car to see how they effect the brightness of the light?

Im worried that i have spent all that money on a uprated loom and high wat t bulbs just to make it dull as fcuk again with these :lol: oh well it will look good 8)

:lol:

New pics added!

Rob,i did plug em in to test,and the fogs seem to give a slight blue/purple light...still just as bright though id say :D And the indicaters flash orange! :D

And my in built side lights still show!

Gonna stick em on tommorow and see how they look,oh...has anyone else painted around the sides of the fogs/indicaters black? :lol:

Cheers m8 8)

Got the fogs and indicaters fitted...not sure on em as yet...

smokedfogsfittednonlit.jpg

smokedfogsfittedlit1.jpg

smokedfogsfittedlit.jpg

Also tried half of the smoked rears with half of the reds...diffarent! but again not sure so i think ill stick with the all reds. :)

backlightssmokedandred1.jpg

backlightssmokedandred.jpg

Neil.

Cheers guys... :D

Have put the all reds back in now,just need the indicaters flashing orange :!:

Not sure about the tints me self yet either...may try sommet else when i fettle the front bumper anyway...

Neil.

Ok,Three more tweaks to come and then that'll be it for a good while.

Need to sort out a leccy problem (constant flat battery),and give it another full service,and then at a later stage...maybe end of next year start on the interior.

So last few tweaks,gonna cross em off as they happen hopefully :!:

1/New wheels/tyres/bits are on their way.Cant wait for these :D

2/Something silly at the front end.Could go horribly wrong... :o

3/Something silly under the bonnet.Could also go horribly wrong... :o

Neil.

1/New wheels/tyres/bits are on their way.Cant wait for these :D

2/Something silly at the front end.Could go horribly wrong... :o

3/Something silly under the bonnet.Could also go horribly wrong... :o

Neil.

None of these managed yet :( Although the new wheels are currently being built/refurbed to my spec :D cant wait to get em!

So ive been itching to do sommet in the mean time :lol:

New richbrook slant top gearknob and leather gaitor. 8)

Pics dont do it justice,and its really shortened the shift as it sits really nice and low :D !

Neil.

richbrookslantgearknob1.jpg

richbrookslantgearknob2.jpg