Riley

Late Black G60

that numberplate idea looks really good and seems to work really well, only thing is if you get stonechips on the mesh

that numberplate idea looks really good and seems to work really well, only thing is if you get stonechips on the mesh

Really good idea that! Subtle, tasteful and funtional. I like it, Neil! :salute:

I have been waiting for you to do the numberplate like that since you said you have an idea thats a 1st and may well go wrong, looks flipping good man.

Cheers guys :D

May redo it yet, and use a glue gun instead of the crappy black silicone :p

2 More modifications to go but may not get around to doing them for a while...

Neil.

that intercooler looks deep n' mean neil!!

i think you should give the number plate a trail on Burnleys mean streets, see if you can fool those pesky cops.

(id already had a thought about that press car 8) )

Cool Joe 8) Sorry missed your call yesterday mate, had to leave my phone on charge...

Chargers painted.The whole car,engine bay is filthy yet...

fmicchargerpainted1.jpg

fmicchargerpainted.jpg

And the front end is refitted. The plate definately needs some tweaking at some stage.

What cossie intercooler though? :tongue:

fmicbumperrefitted.jpg

fmicbumperrefitted3.jpg

fmicbumperrefitted1.jpg

fmicbumperrefitted2.jpg

(ha, neil is NEVER satisifed!)

the charger looks quality! i think you should try and do as many bits mat black as possible. alternator, rocker cover maybe? really want to see this number plate in the flesh though ...

Nice work, plate recess looks really well executed, and congratulations, glad the nipper and missus are ok too :wave:

the charger looks quality! i think you should try and do as many bits mat black as possible. alternator, rocker cover maybe?

Hahahah i can fel 1 of these coming on

FaTT MK1.jpg[/attachment:2dp77vxy]

Damn, ive being pondering about the possiblity of doing somthing like your mesh number plate. Nice to see it is possible but its been done now :(

Bloody hell Junkie, will be some work to turn it into a mk1 :lol:

I just can't stop meself...

I repolished the edges/vw logo on the rocker cover.

rockercoverpaintedblack.jpg

Masking up was fun!

rockercoverpaintedblack1.jpg

rockercoverpaintedblack2.jpg

Painted...Did the isv too.

rockercoverpaintedblack3.jpg

Masking tape removed, quite happy with it :D

rockercoverpaintedblack4.jpg

rockercoverpaintedblack5.jpg

And refitted, amazing what difference a bit of paint can make.Ive never really bothered tidying the engine bay with the problems its had...

rockercoverpaintedblack6.jpg

rockercoverpaintedblack7.jpg

rockercoverpaintedblack8.jpg

Oh, and tried a black g60 badge on the grill, don't like it yet...

blackg60badge.jpg

Neil.

I love how this is coming and with your skills im sure you could turn it into a Mk1 so you would have 2 then.

If i had 1 criticism on your car and please take it as constructive then its that damn front end, its like marmite or car bras (which i know you love 2, sorry) you know i dont but its the yellow headlights and tinted fogs/indicators, its just not working in my eyes, for me its like a cheap french car headlight wise and chav tints on the fogs, like you say its amazing what a bit of paint can do, well likewise for those, clear them.

On the whole though you know i love the car mate.

Please feel free to constructively pull mine down as nobody really seems to and i need some proper feedback for once.

No worries mate! :D

Each to their own and all that, and i really don't like bonnet bra's :eek: :lol: I just think they are to be used as intended and do nothing for the looks!

I love the yellow headlights etc, and tbh they don't photograph too well, they always look really light and sickly? :lol: But they are darker/meaner in the flesh...and give off a really nice light too.

Its what keeps things interesting eh? And i appreciate the feedback, One thing i never wanted was for it to become a 'scene car' thats really well known or anything...

Ive wanted black centered borbet a's for years for example, so what better way than painting brand new ones to please yaself...not others :D

Never know though, i may try something different with the front end if i don't sell it which i should have done (moneys super tight!)

Neil.

No worries mate! :D

Each to their own and all that, and i really don't like bonnet bra's :eek: :lol: I just think they are to be used as intended and do nothing for the looks!

I love the yellow headlights etc, and tbh they don't photograph too well, they always look really light and sickly? :lol: But they are darker/meaner in the flesh...and give off a really nice light too.

Its what keeps things interesting eh? And i appreciate the feedback, One thing i never wanted was for it to become a 'scene car' thats really well known or anything...

Ive wanted black centered borbet a's for years for example, so what better way than painting brand new ones to please yaself...not others :D

Never know though, i may try something different with the front end if i don't sell it which i should have done (moneys super tight!)

Neil.

Im glad you use the bra for a purpose and not scene, i hate all that crap too, and i love the black centre trippy wheels.

The pic is mean but it also can be mean and clean too.

I have the same problems too. :(

How do' Riley,

Congrats on the new bambeano :clap:

Loving the f/bumper :salute:

Good to see you still got the bug. 8)

mat rocker cover and ISV (!) look quality, washer and coolant bottle next, perhaps followed by your left ear and ayrtons nike's?

because the car is so low the impact of yellow tints is not so stricking in person as in pictures, where the camera is at the same level as the lights. i'm a fan i have to admit.

Cheers guys 8)

Rolex, cheers mate :D How you doing man?

Ive just got back from the unit after heading back up there...the alternater was doing my head in, in the above pics :lol:

alternatorpaintingblack.jpg

alternatorpaintingblack2.jpg

Did the pully and fan in silver too.

alternatorpaintingblack1.jpg

Cheers mate :D Just trying to get it ready for v.a.g 2008 8)

My next trick was to install the 75 shot of nitrous, which equates to around a 150 shot on a g60 :shock: But i don't have the money to carry it out... :sad:

Neil.

DSC04754.jpg

Well ive got the inlet manifold off trying to sort the 3 year running problem, but nothing has shown up...So i couldn't be bothered doing a good job of painting it.

And i want to get it to V.A.G 2008 in two weeks...

g60inletmanifoldpainted.jpg

The bays looking great Neil, love the matt black :) 8)

We managed to sort the running problem on my Rado by swapping the Jabba chip for a SNS one, not sure if you have tried this but might be worth a go if your still having problems :)

Cheers

Dave