Sign in to follow this  
bighands

Who know bout wheels?

got some alloys fitted the other week and there off a later corrado, 17's but the front rubs fairly badly! :cry:

Surely there cnt be that much difference, so how do i, or can i sort it? will spacers push em out a bit? its only on the plastic internal arch they rub on, and only slighty 2, sounds worse than it is i think!

Or do they have to be sold on and other ones brought? :(

Cheers

Andy

offse or et will be stamped on the inside of the wheel or where the center cap is.

ideally you want 35 i think?

you could safely use 10mm shims/spacers,but just watch for catching your wheel arches then. :)

Interesting....mine are 17s with 205/40s too and don't rub on anything....they're offset 40. They did used to rub slightly at the rear but I played about with spacer sizes and got rid of that.

Right, cant see anything to do with offset's but the wheel rim is about half an inch inside the wheel arch? so if i wack on some spacers, am i gunna write off both front wings first bump i hit? Whats the max the front rims can stick out from the arch?

Sorry i cant find out the offset, would help eh!?!

What make of wheel is it? All decent brands stamp the Offset (ET) on the inside of the wheel (on a spoke usually) or on the outer edge as per OE wheels. You're looking for something along the lines of "ET35"....

Where is that info kept!?! LOL, sory, something is def up tho, cos they rub?!? was guna order 10mm ones, not good idea then!!

id give some 5mm shims a try m8,although being et35 you shouldnt have any problems...

maybe its just the height of the wheel thats causing the rubbing?

neil. :D

Grrr nothings simple with this thing! Worried that they should fit, but dont!

Will order some spacers and see if it sorts it, weird how they came off a C with no rubbing, and soon as on mine, bloody things dont do what they say on the tin!

Cheers for ur help guys!

:)

Me again!

Trying to find comapny that sells 4 stud 5mm spacers! and havent got a clue what im suposed 2 be ordering, so someone tell us what 2 order and where from?!?

Oh i will have 4 non rubbing wheels by the end of next week . . . . . :)

Nae worries chap, us Surrey boys gotta stick together...!

now hopefully karma will kick in and someone will help me find a set of deep dish 15s! :lol:

i will say a little prayer for u tonight in need of deep dish 15's!

LOL they are 'cheap as chips' guna order 3mm ones for rear 2 see if they will behave them self's!

:) :) :) :)

(wheels will prob fall of by next week .. .)

fingers crossed eh!

Getting cambelt, water pump ect done tomorrow, and half expecting it to snap last few days!

(Might i add 60 quid labour only! result!)

Yeah, for about the past two weeks - to the point of knowing all the german for "split rims", "polished", "deep dish", etc...!

Have got a post on this in the Wanted section so if anyone has any pointers, stick 'em there cheers!

bighands, hopefully see you and yr 'rado(with non-rubbing wheels!) at the next N/R?