Sign in to follow this  
stel g60

NURBURGRING

has any one here been to the nurburgring?

im contemplating a weekend away when the weather gets a bit better and i really want to go to the ring.

if anyone has gone what were your experiences? good, bad?

let me know please guys

Thanks

It rocks! You WILL need a faster car

yeah man, i know waht you mean. can imagine myself gettin annoyed with the ferraris and porsche turbos that'll keep on passing me but id still give all the corrados got. aim would be to beat clarkson and his diesel jag time of 10 mins :D

I think a lot of peolpe would be interested in doing this, I know I would.

haha my aim would be to drive the car home.

Me and my car dont realy have the best record, current it is loosing at the moment as it keeps breaking, but I have been know to have the odd bump in my past!

It is brilliant, I was there in July, the track is awsome, 10 mins is pretty quick, we did it in about 13 mins in a 1.8CL Vento. We bought track tickets during the day at the museum, they were buy 1 get 1 free, so we had 2 each. We thought we'd only use 1 each as the track is so long - WRONG, we did all 4 laps, then I did another so my mate could get some pics of his car on the track. There was a real buzz about the place, we went to a pub after for dinner and were sat outside with loads of other people who had been round too. Shame we couldn't speak German.

Go, you will love it

i've always wanted to go too, it has to be done before i reach thirty.... :wink:

It had a bit of brake fade, so I backed off for a few seconds to let things cool down, and the tyres took a bit more hammering than usual, but otherwise it was fine. More damage was done in the car park, I went down a pot hole and broke the front spoiler :lol:

I joined my mate and spent 6 days and 2000 miles in Germany, he spent a month driving round Europe in it and never had a problem including hammering round the the ring, except someone drove into it in Hungary and wrote it off :roll:

A couple of mates have taken their bikes across for the last couple of years and are talking about going again in June they say its better than sex, doing nearly 200 mph on the long straight is scary good and the carousel is awesome. The only bad thing is they started going the year I sold my Fireblade so I didnt get to sample it :(

I've done about 80 laps from 4 trips. Best time I got was 9 mins 15 secs with a standard engine. I've gone round quite a bit faster with the charger on but haven't timed the lap but know is was under 9 minutes. Shows what a good track car the rado is.

i've applied for a job which will put me in germany for 9 months training , so if i get it i'll definitely do it , car and bike :-)

i will be going there some time would love to go this year but don't think i will get there but next year for sure i can't wait

alan

Me and house mate are gunna buy old stlye supra, 3L twin turbo, bout 800ish and take it down for a week, have some fun and come back and flog it . . cheap holiday, if it comes back in one piece! :) :)