Sign in to follow this  
oxfordpaul

Koni suspension - are the kits any good?

Dan Storm - So how much was the suspension then + fitting as i'm thinking about this setup and would be interested to know the cost. Thanks

The parts (shocks, springs, b/stops & top plates) came to about £560 inc VAT i think - that was from Stealth.

I'm sure you could find the parts cheaper elsewhere.....

I had other work done while I was there so I got charged for 6 hours labour but I think they quoted me 3 hours to do the suspension. The hourly rate is £40.

Needless to say I'm skint......but it was worth it

the ride is not much harsher than standard but the handling is soooo much better

Yep, that's what I've been banging on about for years, LOL! Glad to see another happy Koni/H&R customer :lol:

It really is the best handling/ride compromise.....bar none.

Now you just need to put the cherry on top with a Neuspeed 25mm rear anti-roll bar 8)

My VR6 is booked in for Koni T/A's and H&R springs tomorrow after taking Kev's advice (will report later in the week as to what I think!). I have also got new top mounts and rear bump stops. Kit was cheapest from Larkspeed for me. Passed MOT 2 weeks ago but they did advice on rear axle bushes split - would you advise these be changed at the same time?

What sort of drop can you get with this setup tho and how much was the kit from Larkspeed? Sorry for all the questions but i'm well interested in this setup now.

Well I was having my H&R's fitted today but...............I had a call from Stealth yesterday to say the supplier had delivered the wrong springs........what a bummer :( I had booked a day off work and was looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be late next week.

Finally had the H&R's fitted today at Stealth..........

They've made a big improvement to the handling and ride quality over the Koni kit springs.

The initial test drive down a nice windy road toward Banbury felt very good. The roads back to Notts from Stealth are mainly motorway so didn't get a better feel for the handling. Will know tomorrow tho on familiar roads.

I think I need to play around with the settings, I had them set-up for the Koni springs.

Had 4 bump stops changed, front top mounts, H&R springs and 4 wheel alignment on Stealths new equipment. Got some loose silver from £400.

I recommend the H & R's if anyone is thinking about changing. I can also recommend Stealth and Vince.