Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

It only lasted 3 1/2 days

That's super crap - daft bitch! Modern cars should have an inbuilt avoidance program in them that makes them veer away from beautiful cars such as Corrados - and maybe aim for Novas!

ah, man, that sucks in a major way! :( :cry: Glad you're OK (other than the sore neck) though... 8)

That's really gutting to hear, and the bad thing is it could happen to anyone at anytime! You're driving along happilly next thing you know there's another vehicle shunted you and your car's written off!

Or a scarier thing, a driver coming towards you could have a heart attack or something, lose control of their car and collide with you straight on, perhaps a closing speed of 120 - 140 mph - not worth thinking about!

Hope you get it all sorted out without too much trouble!

I can never understand how people can fail to see a car in front has stopped! Supercharged's G60 met with exactly the same fate, and that was a woman driver too :roll:

Somebody pleeease rid the roads of all these halfwits....before I end up resorting to selective culling myself :evil:

I think I may build a re-enforced steel spike into the back and sides of J-DUB when I rebuild her so that any witless prat who runs into me will end up as a kebab... ;) :twisted:

I was thinking more along the lines of an elite team of Mad Max type nutters and their vehicles going round crushing dumb fecks into the ground :D

It's all due to these super-duper brake upgrades everyone is doing which is confusing people in ordinary cars behind us.

Seriously though, it is very worrying how people insist on driving too close behind, often with mobile phones on (especially women) or just gazing around without a care in the world. Do the Police do anything about it? No. It's so much easier to sit in a lay-by with a speed camera, minting the next pay rise.

If we could go as fast as we like, nobody would get anywhere near our back bumpers.

It must be time for my medication.

Best wishes

RB

its facking annoying, I had some women in a mk3 golf who pulled straight out in front of me at lunch & didnt even stop, i had to brake hard to stop.. facking bastids!!

Is the boot itself crumpled in any way?

The reason I ask, is that's what rescued my Mk1 Rocco back in November 2002, when I was leaving Utterly Veedubberly in Donnington, when some idiot Nissan driver rear-ended me (he was chatting to the mrs, and didn't see me brake in time and come to a complete halt, 2 seconds later ... BANG! still remember it well :cry:). On my Mk1, the rear panel (not the lower valence), tail lights, Rieger GTO rear skirt were damaged, not the bootlid, not the boot area itself, and, yes I had just changed insurance companies so that I now had an agreed valuation.

They had to repair that one. I'm sure that yours with the right approach is also still salvageable, but it's going to be a fight with the insurance company (my God, how I fought back in November and December 2002 for my Mk1, but that's what I hold dear, and I wasn't going to give that up).

Yup, would agree on the whiplash issue. I went to my GP straight away complaining of mild headaches (which did exist, BTW), stiff and paibnful neck (which was true, BTW), and ultimately again once the legal part of the insurance got hold of the potential of a whiplash kicked into gear, and set the ball rolling, resulting in a nice pay-out of £1200. Not a lot, given the risk that you might be injured for the rest of your life, can't pursue your job etc.

Tempest

The boot floor is creased. The whole of the rear of the car has moved by about 2 inches and is visible through the creases in the rear wings, boot floor and even the pasesnger door is now sticking a bit.

I am not going to fight for it now, don't want to be driving a car that i know has been bent. I will hold onto the salvage as there are lots of useable parts you guys are bound to be needing. Though don't start the PM's etc until this is official and I will an advert up in the right area.

Hopefully the good thing will be that i will get a good payout to get another good G60 so if anyone is thinking of selling let me know.

Cheers for the thoughts folks.

Unlucky man, I really hope you get it sorted with no troubles & glad to hear you're ok apart from the neck. As a friend of mine recently said, "It could be worse, some dumb bar-steward could have rolled it down a hill" :-)

Cheers,

Tom

Its a sad day mate, these cars are just getting rarer, some silly bitch nailed into mine while i was stopped, had been for about 2 secs. luckily it was a shitty saxo she had and it was mangled, i only had a wee scrape on the bumper although she hit me hard enough to have the head unit come out of the dash!!!

Well it looks like it will be a Cat C having spoken to the Assessor. He said he will do the best he can for me having fed an inflated figure of what i paid for it last sat. So now the settlement will be down to a time will tell situation.