Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

looking for project mk1

Woo Hoo just got the go ahead for project mk1 from she that must be obeyed rado will be the daily driver although still only about 3000 a year so if any one knows of a solid mk1 going for a song let me know no moon roofs though!! toying with the idea of putting a g40 engine in although ive never had a drive in a polo with a g40 i just like the idea of a little screamer! a small rear light model is my ultimate find and theres a pretty on on ebay apart from the rank beesting im sure a few have seen it!

does anyone know the url for the new mk1 site about restoration cant seem to find it!

no theres a new one ive seen it in some magazines.

i love mk1's i sold my first one and regretted it ever since but now i can have one as a second car with a c as a daily driver i can lavish it with attention and the mrs has offered to get it resprayed as a bday present so plan is to strip and repair over summer as ive no garage just a car port get it sprayed then rebuild next winter. to be honest mate it was seeing yours when you joined the forum that spurred me onto this! yours just screams thrash me i handle like a go-kart! are you running coilovers?

to be honest mate it was seeing yours when you joined the forum that spurred me onto this! yours just screams thrash me i handle like a go-kart! are you running coilovers?

:oops: thanks m8!

aye it did scream,or speak for the last time here... :cry:

i had avo coilies and i dont reccomend them in all honesty. :)

neil.

they were new 45's m8. 8)

now we gotta get billinjahg60, to go the valver on carbs route.

only jokin m8! :lol:

neil.

Mk1s all the way for me, of course preferably Mk1 Roccos that is. :lol: But I wouldn't say no to a tidy Mk1 Golf, as it, too, was styled by Italdesign, who penned the all time classic Mk1 Rocco, and a few more cars.

Tempest

I am selling my MK1 Scirocco G60 which has an immaculate shell sprayed in Mercedes Linarit Blue, has a Safety Devices full cage, Harnesses, uprated brake mod, Corrado rear discs, Corrado G60 alloys plus much more. I wellcome any enquiries.

looking at an early mk1 smal light model it has a glass roof owner says its factory this cant be right they never put moon roofs from the factory did they ?

looking at an early mk1 smal light model it has a glass roof owner says its factory this cant be right they never put moon roofs from the factory did they ?

i believe they did m8 :D

neil.