Sign in to follow this  
PeterMunns

16VT

I ve have my car since March time...

After my golf got nicked from my mates uni... :mad:

But to every cloud there is a silver lining...mine was that i manged to get a fair bit of money back from the insurance company :o ...

So after ringing all the insurance companies i found i could insure a Corrado 16v for the same as a golf 16v... :D so there was no contest.. :!:

Went out and got my self a Red Corrado 16v G-reg With around 132,000 on the clock with a full history

Straight away i started to find the usual probs....oil leaks around the engine no central locking sun roof only half worked etc

I fell in love with the car straight away and still think shes stunning.

After deciding that the corrado was perfect as she was .... i couldn't help but start changing bits and bobs... :roll:

First major prob i had was the oil leaks rocker cover gasget and the distubter. Did those then shock horror was still lossing oil.. the answer to this question came about driving (down) the road to my house

Engine just seemed to stall....ummm strange try to start her up clunk..ok no prob down hill jump in in 2nd wheels lock up thats very strange sod it try 4th clutch slips not a change.. manage to roll her on to my drive. just to find the engine has seised up.. :shock:

Jump on the net... :D time for that 2L 9A.... :!: End up buying a Passat GT with about 70,000 on the clock for £600 drove that for about a month getting parts for the conversion.

in the the summer july time i take out the 1.8 and put in the 2L...fitted with piper cams, piper air filter, rolling roaded, lightened flywheel, new cam belt and tensioner. full service. Still on the 1.8 injection system. pumped out 155bhp on the rolling road.

Next was the Stainless steel exahust mainfold .... :D was shocked as the differance this made... :!:

Other bits and bobs done:

lupo wipers, Mark 4 hand brake, vw motor sport gear knod lol, vr6 steering wheel, oil pressure, volts, ICE, cilford alarm, new grill, new indicators, wing mirror glass, power flow exhuast, 50mm inlet, drilled air box :) rear inpro lights. clear side lights, nice mats, german plates, lowered 35mm on vr6 springs, G60 brakes....

To go on my BMW throttle body ...this weekend !! electric windows, new sunroof mechansium, new interior (porsche :D )

Looks nice mate, what polish/wax do you use. I don't think I've ever seen a red c that shiny before.

Geo, chrishill,

Always nick my mates polish think its maguires or something like that.

Should only be 35-40 me thinks....but the front is higher because of the vr springs :(

looks lower than 40mm to me mate, mines dropped 40 at the back..unless the front being higher is forcing the back down more? does it work like that? :S

chrishill,

DUDE you paint work is mint you do the respray...?? Need to get my paint sorted had some shody work done on it before i got it. Not sure on the suspension lol

cheers fella, I had it resprayed a few months after i bought it since it was mostly pink :oops: Cost me about £700 all in if i remember rightly. Its not show standard on close inspection but it's a damn good job for the money I paid.

little bodyshop in sunderland called 'abernethys'. It included sorting out all the little dents and rust spots, changing the front right wing (supplied by me) colour coded handles, washers and rear numberplate surround and fitting the eyebrow spoiler. click the 'take a look' link on my signature for some photos of it in progress!

Looks nice mate, what polish/wax do you use. I don't think I've ever seen a red c that shiny before.

Geo, chrishill,

Always nick my mates polish think its maguires or something like that.

Should only be 35-40 me thinks....but the front is higher because of the vr springs :(

Maguires cleaner wax ...

You didn't wax her that day you took the pictures did you mate?

looks lower than 40mm to me mate, mines dropped 40 at the back..unless the front being higher is forcing the back down more? does it work like that? :S

The door sill is like kerb height on that thing! Wish I could lower my monster truck!

Shame you didn't take snaps of engine change :!: :?:

G60Dub,

Hey dude couldn't think of the name of that wax lol couldn't spell it if i had anyway lol. Got some pics on my phone but thats it :(

Come on luke put your car on here !!!

PeterMunns, Nice looking car m8 - I use Meguiars polish & wax too. :D

The rear ride height is dictated by the rear bumpstops. These are fairly spongy & act as helper springs. Either they have been shortened or they're knackered. They're cheap enough to buy but fitting them involves removing the rear shockers from the car.

Got my new interia now !!!

Been quite busy buying up stuff for my Corrado got to love your student loan :oops:

Got my new/second hand wheels :D Some Keskins Klassics 16" which are really nice and in great condition.

Brought some FK Highsports as getting annoyed with it being a 4x4 even thou its lowered already :D

Also got my Reiger Grill come soon too so its happening at the mo lol

Very very nice mate.. would have snapped them seats up if I'd had the money!!

will look sweet once its on them rims!!!!

Bally,

Cheers Dude might have them on tuesday depending on what the garage wants to charge or i will put them on later. As won't put them on untill its on the coilovers

Any one know about changing anti roll bars will this mean i need to get the tracking done...??