Sign in to follow this  
slot

What dont you get . . . .

Errr, is this meandering OT slightly...?! Heheh, not that I mind breasts as a topic of discussion, but... :)

Anyways, I think the a/c VW scene is much more anal than the w/c scene - an ex of mine who was into Bugs wouldn't even accept a Golf or Corrado as a good VW! That sort of thing bugs me...

gradeAfailure, yeah, I know what you mean... I started off with AirCooled dubs and have worked my way through working on just about all of those and most of the watercooled stuff too (upto about '93)

Some of the comments we got at the Beetle garage I worked at when we started to work on MKI GTIs were just unreal... :roll:

thats the thing, we all have our little hates!

No one can agrue with how A20_Lee's car looks!

erm? not sure what thats supposed to mean?

Some of the comments we got at the Beetle garage I worked at when we started to work on MKI GTIs were just unreal... :roll:

Yeah the great divide between air and water cooled VWs is amusing!

The "Water is for drinking, air is for cooling" stickers some of them had on their cars used to crack me up because beetles and campers always used to overheat in the summer, LOL! I think "Water is for cooling, air is for breathing" is more appropriate 8)

Anyways, I think the a/c VW scene is much more anal than the w/c scene - an ex of mine who was into Bugs wouldn't even accept a Golf or Corrado as a good VW! That sort of thing bugs me...

Was that supposed to be a pun???? If so good skills, if not good skills anyway!

I'm with Kev and Rodders on the bigger wheels at the rear on front wheel drive cars! What is that all about? Save it for rear wheel drive cars!

Everything else is 8) in my book, what ever takes you fancy!

I hated VW's and FWD cars for as long as I can remember. I ended up buying a Corrado through circumstance & because I'd heard they handle very well.

Don't get me wrong - I love my G60 but I still think that a RWD Corrado would have been a much better car... :mrgreen:

Kev started the slogan thing so here's mine - front wheels are for steering, rear wheels are for driving.

Kev started the slogan thing so here's mine - front wheels are for steering, rear wheels are for driving.

Agreed Steve...although despite the Corrado being FWD, I have yet to drive a RWD car (except the 911) that has the same feedback and feel as the C. 8)

Now..I wonder if it's possible to fit a 4 motion setup to a C but drive the rear wheels only?

the arches are a bit pointless, I have to stick my neck out and say the only VW's I like are Corrado's obviously and MK1/2 gti's. If I could change one thing it would have to be to make it RWD as mentioned

Agreed Steve...although despite the Corrado being FWD, I have yet to drive a RWD car (except the 911) that has the same feedback and feel as the C. 8)

Now..I wonder if it's possible to fit a 4 motion setup to a C but drive the rear wheels only?

I've also thought the corrado would been a better car if it had been rwd drive from the factory

But to convert a corrado to rwd, sure it could be done, but not sure it would work, if you know what i mean, as its designed to be fwd,

How many posts one needs to make b4 he/she gets a star and how many for 2/3 etc assuming thats how it works ;)

Its like macdonalds.......

stay all day and get all five :-)

I love my G60 and reckon overall its the best car I've ever owned but for steering feel and handling it's a million miles away from my old Racing Puma - I don't think any FWD car comes close for balance and feell

lol, a star for every time ya turn up for work so im told!

Maybe if i send a certain admin a large sum of money i could get 'donator' status??:)

Maybe if i send a certain admin a large sum of money i could get 'donator' status??

Indeed you can, doesn't have to be a huge amount - every little helps!

To be fair there arent that many things about the VW scene that I dont get, with most styling issues you can see why people have done it and why it looks good... with the excception of chaving up a dub ala big nasty bumpers/spoilers etc etc.. VW's are far too classy to be doing that.

My 2 cents :wink: