Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Just had car recovered :-(

Juston my way back from petrol station & the battery light came on, stopped the car as soon as possible as temp gauge starting rising & so turned it off & water was over flowing from water res..

Looked down & see that the Fan belts snapped off!!

RAC came to recover it but had no belt so ended up having the car recovered on ther back of trailer, it was funny in a way as they called to ask if it was lowered.. ermm yes mate... so had to send another recovery firm to recover car.. LOL

What a nightmare getting it on the back, thought the front bumper would come of..

Anyway got it back home all safe & well..

Just hope the water pump hasnt died!!!

What an evening!!!

took pics but to dark for camera fone :-(

if it's just the belt that's given up, and you stopped before the engine stopped for you, then you should be OK with just fitting a new belt... 8)

Have the belts been replaced that you know of? May be worth getting the Cam belt (and tensioner) and Power steering belts done while it's in bits anyway... ;)

yup, I request a Hiab straight out now... and they know me well enough to send it too... :oops: :roll: :lol:

Sorry to hear that Bally. its No fun getting stranded at any time of the day or night. Has only happened to me X2 and what a nightmare and both occasians were in a company Ford. Needless to say what I think of them :lol:

if it's just the belt that's given up, and you stopped before the engine stopped for you, then you should be OK with just fitting a new belt... 8)

Have the belts been replaced that you know of? May be worth getting the Cam belt (and tensioner) and Power steering belts done while it's in bits anyway... ;)

Cheers for the replies guys..

I did request a low loader which wasnt to bad..

I stopped the car before it stopped me..

Hi Henny, The cambelt was done last year along with tensioner, power steering belt has been done last year 2.. I hope its just the belt & not the pump.. dont need the expense right now!!

May have to flush the fluid & get new stuff in there, did look some water!! :cry:

If it is the pump mate its not to bad, i got one for mine from GSF and it was only 19 notes, bit less beers one weekend and your golden

Hey Dave, never leave the rado anywhere.. if its a bad place dont drive get mates to take me LOL

Cheers Guys..

Thats not bad Harry.. only thing is dont no how to fit it, I'll get my bro to sort it out LOL

had to do my water pump last year. its not hard to do just undo engine mounts raise the engine, and smack the living s**t out the old one it will come out. and about one pint of your blood if i remember properly :D

had to do my water pump last year. its not hard to do just undo engine mounts raise the engine, and smack the living s**t out the old one it will come out. and about one pint of your blood if i remember properly :D

Christ!!! nothing like mechanical sympathy :shock: you dont have to do that on a 16v, all you have to do is take off the alternator, take off the bracket underneath and undo the 4 big bolts that hold it on and take off the hoses, it will just fall off and then you can slip the new one on, you would probably be good to get a new seal from zie germanz as well, while your there

Cheers for the tip Harry, hopefully swapping the belt sorts it..

Blimey mate.. glad I dont have to do that!!

Yup, they should spin freely without worrying grinding noises, have no axial (or hardly any) or radial play.

Tempest

Sorry to hear about this Bro!

Hope all gets sorted with the minimum level of expense! hate seeing a car on the back on a recovery truck! esp when its ur own!

Did it look good on the back of the Tow Truck??

Atif

Cheers mate..

it did look well sweet on the back of the lorry... tried to get pics was to Dark!!!