Sign in to follow this  
fla

Should I sell?

Bit of a problem here - my C is a VR, cream leather, aircon, v low mileage (just done 50k on Friday!) only 2 previous owners, BUT its AUTO and I want to convert to manual. In fact that is the ONLY thing I dont like about it.

Problem is twofold - time (got a family) and cash (we need to spend a bit on the house) Now i'm thinking this:

1. Shall I sell the c so someone else can enjoy it and buy another manual

2. Shall I hold on till I've got enough moola and time to do it/get it done

The other thing is it will probably be quite hard to find another c with same sort of spec.

Help!!

I think you've answered your own question. You've stuck with the auto for this long so you may as well keep sticking with it until you can make it the car you REALLY want it to be.

Actually I've only had it for about 8 months so maybe there is the option to sell and buy a manual. Dont know really...

na keep it and convert it to manual, it can't be that big a job really and once it's done how much would you love it then........ :D

would have thought its pretty expensive unless you know how to do the work yourself, then u have the hassle of finding a decent s/hand manual box as well.............

Id sell it if your not happy with the auto box.....

I didn't think the Auto-manual conversion was that expensive? suppose it's subjective, like you, the only time I have to spend on my car is for minor things, surely you could get this done for under £800? Or you could just advertise it for a really high price lol and see if anyone bites. Still, you will be waiting a while for another one as good as yours.

just out of interest fla... do you know how much your C would be worth if you were selling it?.. my dad seems to be getting a bit of a liking for rado's since i bought mine lol, but hes had auto's for as long as i can remember.

I'd keep it tbh... good VR's are getting harder and harder to find and with your low milage and spec it will be V hard to replace... Someone on here did the conversion on an auto storm a while back ('storm' on here I think) I think the conversion is more time consuming than hard to do.

ka-ching

You might find that if you sold it, buying a manual VR of the same spec/condition would cost you as much extra as converting what you already have.

Thanks for the input chaps. As you've pointed out finding a similar spec/condition manual is bloody hard. Someone offered me £5500 for it recently but I dont really know what its worth so declined. Even finding a c with aircon and low mileage is hard enough.

He does have a fantastic interior on his motor samm_cvr6. I was also planning a tt dash conversion on mine at some time in the future. But again its down to time and funds. What would be the value of my motor chaps as that would give me an idea of what to budget for.

I would probably say around the 6k mark, although it's difficult to say, but if people do have an objection it will be because it's an auto, so If you convert to manual it will become much more in demand, oh and renshaws Porsche seats look pretty tasty too.