Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

mk4 rear calipers on corrado brake hoses??

just phoned C&R they said they dont do the rear hoses as they are completely different to golf mk2 ones? my understanding was that they are the same is there another supplier as C&R are really unhelpful!!

Depends who you speak to at C&R mate!

Call Vince at Stealth, he knows the score. They're about £25 from Goodridge. C&R are right, they are different to MK2 but what they failed to share with you is that the brake line end is still MK2 and the caliper end is late MK3/MK4 :wink:

BillingjahG60 you need to be really careful when ordering these. I spoke to C&R when i brought mine. I explained exactly what i needed a few times and apart from forgetting to process the order a few times (really messed up my install schedule) they sent the wrong ones. Which really helped when it went in for the MOT and failed cause they were peeing brake fluid outta the connectors!!! :mad:

Dont like saying bad stuff about companies but a warning example of making 100% sure you get right stuff when placing the order.

Needless to say I wasnt mega impressed and wont be going there again.

Aye, as Kev says, you want the Mk2-> Mk4 adapters for using with Mk4 calipers, but Vince is the man and he'll sort you out.

odd, I simply phoned C&R and ordered the MKIV rear brake kit for a G60 Corrado... The bits turned up about 3 days later and fitted perfectly first time... :|

Just out of interest, what is the Mk4 Rear Brake conversion. Whats the difference between standard G60 and Mk4's. I have Brembo 305mm on the front and have alsways thought the rears to be a bit weeney with all the mods I've done to my motor!!

there's just different calipers Blue_Joe, they use the same disks and pads, but don't suffer from the crap handbrake that the MKII items do and they don't seize up like the MKII units do either...

Disk size is unaffected...

And in addition, MK4s use 9mm discs and thicker pads, MK2/MK3 use 10mm discs with thinner pads.... I have absolutely no idea why, but that's VW for you!

Henny's bang on with Hand brake though, it actually works when you've got MK4 calipers on!

odd, I simply phoned C&R and ordered the MKIV rear brake kit for a G60 Corrado... The bits turned up about 3 days later and fitted perfectly first time... :|

Well yeah, that's what I did too :lol:

Yeah = there in the C&R catalogue as MK2 to MK4 converison hoses so I can't see how they get them wrong - also listed on the goodridge site...

there in the C&R catalogue as MK2 to MK4 converison hoses so I can't see how they get them wrong

kev says there different though are they longer or something

Just fueling my paranoia that this car and everything to do with it is against me!! :wink:

billinjahg60 mine where ok length wise just the connectors where incorrect, managed to get them to fit in the end just needed a little bit of 'work' You will probably have no problems with C&R, i'm just a bitter old man (thats my firends say anyway) :|

i had no probs with c&r because i used stealth!! be here tomorrow and so they should £10 postage!!! are they going to fit them too!!