Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Chromolux-style tints for Corrado windows

Hey all,

I am considering getting chromolux-style blue-green half-reflective tints for the rear windows and tailgate glass in my C. Trouble is, not sure where to get the stuff from and what it would actually look like. I have attached a picture of a members car (I think ?) that has similar style tints ? Or maybe I'm just seeing a bad reflection but it looks like this blue G60 has these style of tints on the rear windows.

Would be interested to find out if the car belongs to a member, are the windows tinted, and if so who by / what film and how much ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

That looks like a reflection to me mate.....

Have a word with some reputable tinting companies to see if it's possible to do Edition 1 style chromolux type tinting....I have a feeling it's a process done during the glass's manufacture....

Yeahm, just looks like the rear windows have extra reflective properties that the front's on this car don't ? Yeah spoke to my local Autoglass who said that if I provided the film they would do the rear windows and tailgate (only ones allowed to be after-market tinted now by law) for £90 inc. VAT or using thier light-smoke fims for £130 inc VAT.

The picture entitled tint-new7.gif is an actual film available from a performance parts supplier down south somewhere, cost per roll (enough to do rear windows and tailgate glass) is £44ish inc VAT / delivery, which thought wasn't bad ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Yeah good prices. So you can only do the rear quarter glass and tailgate? That sucks! Makes me laugh when renaults leave the factory with chameleon glass (you can barely see the driver in the right light conditions) and you can only have the rear glass done aftermarket...even by pros! Who ever makes up these silly laws needs an enforced early retirement!

Kev, yup, the original stuff IS a process done during the manufacture of the glass... however, some of the PRO places CAN tint glass to be VERY similar to Chromalux... 8)

Worth phoning around your local window tinting places and asking... ;)

Oh, and if you simply tell anyone who gets arsey that you've had the fronts tinted that they were like that when you bought the car a couple of years ago, they don't have a leg to stand on as long as they let through the specified amount of light... ;)

belive it of not, MAX POWER chrome tint film is quality. and it's only £10 a roll from Boyes.

I've done my side windows (rear only) and I love it.

64968064.jpg

64968085.jpg

64968055.jpg

64811861.jpg

Fitted it myself too, only took about an hour a side.

That looks like a reflection to me mate.....

Have a word with some reputable tinting companies to see if it's possible to do Edition 1 style chromolux type tinting....I have a feeling it's a process done during the glass's manufacture....

its not a reflection is richards old corrado and he had the chromlux tint done at i belive south-coast tints in southampton. they proberly still have some of this film in stock too :lol:

Who's the ugly geezer in the reflection :?: :lol:

the ugly bloke with the skin head and the big shoulders? that'll be me then. :lol:

no idea why my mate decided to stick his arse into shot too.

MAx Power Solar window tint film, Chrome. I can get it for £10 a roll.

If anyone ants it speak up now as I won't be working in york after next week so I won't be able to get it.

it's a shame the fronts can't be done - with only the rears tinted it looks like a half finished job and is a bit poo imo!

Agreed on chromelux though deffo more class than black chav tints 8)

they do 2 roll sizes, I've have to see which one os big enough to do the rear windo.

I barely used half a roll doing the sides.