Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Funny picture of a Corrado and its owner!

Just having a looksie round the CCC website and found this pic, its real class. If i'm correct the pic is of a guy called Dennis on the CCC forum. He seems a top chap and hope he doesnt mind me posting it. I'm sure he's in fancy dress (I hope!!!).

Makes me laugh everytime I see it...... anyone got any other pic's to brighten up a sleepy friday afternoon.

HHhhhhm I wouldn't cross that guy, imagine you would end up in the boot of that C. And the way he has his hand on the tailgate, I would imagine he has somebody in there already!

Nice mean C that. Quality photo! :lol:

He bears more than a passing resemblance to Doc out of Back to the Future.. just without the hair of course ;)

He bears more than a passing resemblance to Doc out of Back to the Future.. just without the hair of course

Maybe the Doc couldn't decide how he wanted his hair, it sure looked that way in the films. So he shaved it off. Also he upgraded his car. :)

Ha, that's great to see my pics show up on the other side of the world (I think). Just a short introduction (I have a hard time writing anything short so I hope you are bored), my name is Dennis and I am a moderator on the Corrado Club of Canada's site. I have a 1994 Canadian spec VR6 Corrado and for the few weeks of the year when the perma-frost line moves a few miles up from the Canadian / USA border I like to get my car out of the igloo storage unit and drive around. I was luck enough to find an all original, 1 owner Corrado that was properly serviced its whole life. I don't know about your end of the world but here younger men (I break the rule here, god I'm old) seem to like Corrado's but they tend to bag the life out of them so it is hard to find them in good shape. Young people here don't seem to understand they own a piece of history and once these Corrado's are gone they will be truly gone. Kids buy them, drive them into the ground then wrap them around a light standard or break them for parts. So after a 1/2 year of searching I found a car that had never been in an accident, was completely stock and was in a colour I could live with (black isn't really my top choice for cars). But really, I'm not a total loser that would dress like that everyday so here's the storey.

I was actually doing the headgasket & timing chain guides on my car last year VR6 Headgasket and I was also installing some sway-bars and I decided to snap a pic of the car when it was on jack stands outside of my house. As I was snapping the pic a buddy happened to be walking out the front door and I didn't notice it until later that night. http://members.shaw.ca/vr6_corrado-1/Workin47.jpg (I'm not sure what you guys are like here for bandwidth so I will just link to the pics) I didn't want to wait to post the pic & seeing as my buddy is a psycho (lets face it, anyone who would dress in cover-alls must be) so I thought I would find a pic of the devil and post it over his face as joke. Well, I couldn't find one of the devil but I found one of Mel Gibson and thought that was close enough. After this some of our forum members start theorizing that I was a Woman (you've seen my pic, I don't think the gods would ever be that cruel) so this kind of went back and forth.

In some post I answered someone said I was a man of action for a reason I forget and I thought it would be funny to dress in some bad clothes and snap a pic. Those threads I am wearing are left-overs from the 1970's and are about 4 or 5 sizes too small for me. So I got dressed up and damn I could not stop laughing, I looked like such a loser and I thought it would be great. Well, I don't know if people felt sorry for me or Canadians are generally kind but I think some people thought I was serious about my form of dress and said I didn't look bad. Really, look at what I am dressed in and I am wearing safety glasses with tape on the bridge to boot. You guys are cool because you figured it out right away, I guess Europeans actually have taste in clothing. In Canada we only get used newspapers that are about 2 decades old so we are a bit behind the times, the dog sleds only go to the border every once in a while.

So, I thought I would make a joke thread which included the pic on the start of this thread so I had a couple of pics that I slipped in there. http://www.corrado-club.ca/ubb/ultimate ... 1;t=001336 As I mentioned, this idea kind of back fired but it was great for a laugh. A year or so later there was another thread about the height of Corrado owners and I told everyone I was 5.5 feet tall and 206 pounds and then the pics started coming back to haunt me. I would have to guess that this is where these pics came from. http://www.corrado-club.ca/ubb/ultimate ... 1;t=001865

So now you know where these pics came from and what was the idea behind them. Feel free to laugh your socks off, I left them on the server because they are so pathetic. Believe it or not I have a suit that is even worse that the one I am wearing in the pic, problem is it fits better so I went for the other one. It is amazing how small of a community the Corrado world is when you see your pics show up all over the place. I have never seen this forum before though so it is a nice score, it doesn't show up in search engines over here. The Corrado Club of Canada is a really nice site because we don't have a problem with trouble makers and we have a low number of posters on our site (most people don't have computers in their igloo's here so we have to go to the local community centres to post) who are mostly interested in Corrado's. For me the Corrado is such an incredible car and to this day it can still fool people into thinking the car is new because of its time-less styling. I've owned many other cars but the Corrado is the only one that can put a smile on your face just sitting in it. I actually worked as a partsman for VW when the Corrado was first released so I had the privilege of driving them before they were even legal to be sold in this country. In North America we only have the G60 and VR6 models, there wasn’t enough of a market to support the 16V here.

I hope I didn't bore you too much if you actually made it this far. Here's a pic of the front half of my car, it is kind of dirty but you get the idea

HeadlightWithDirt.jpg

Cheers, Dennis

Dennis is the reason i have nice warm air in my car now, so he's a top Geezer in my Books. It was him that wrote the How To for the Heater Matrix replacement on the CCC site.

Cheers Dennis good to see you've found this Forum

Heh heh, welcome aboard Dennis, make sure you're dressed as the 'Man of Action' on May 29th tho mate and I'll come say hi :D

make sure you're dressed as the 'Man of Action' on May 29th tho mate and I'll come say hi
You're joking right? I can barely walk in those close so I don't think much action is going to happen with them. Are you heading over to Canada in May? I actaully live on the West Coast of Canada right by Vacouver. We usually have really nice weather for most of the year and see no real snow other than a few days a years. Like you guys the price we pay for this is rain.

So who's next with pics of them in their stylish clothes with their cars?

Thanks again for the kind words, Dennis

Heh heh, yeah sorry. It woulda been freakin funny tho :D

I'm flying over to Halifax and joining up with chimo for the monster road trip across to TO for the CCC meet. It should be great, especially if it was anything like last year's 8)

You've got a bit of a mission making it over from Vancouver tho... :lol:

'Lo Dennis, and Welcome to our Forum... Looks like you'll be a welcome addition to the regulars... 8) :D