Sign in to follow this  
smarkham

Another fan problem

My fan packed up today afetr removing and re fitting my stereo. I have checked the plug that goes into the back of the heater switch and the fuse is ok but it dont work. Is there another plug I may have upset or anything else I can check dont want to spend any cash just had an engine re build

Try copper contact on rotary control. I would guess that it is no longer making contact with rest of switch. Remove trim panel around heater control, and control knob for access, both just clip into place.

See pic for clarification.

just tried that but no joy the other thing i have noticed is none of the lights on theis panel work and they all worked before hand

No mate already checked that as said in my first post didnt kmow if there was another connector along the way though

I had this problem yesterday with the heater blower control switch. The copper contact arm had actually broken! Managed to cobble together something built on the original steel bit of the arm. Devils own job though to get the shape just right to ensure contact at all 4 settings. Just when you think you've cracked it and go to put the knob cover back on it doesn't work as the plastic in the knob just pushs it out of contact again. Anyway perservered, shaved a bit of the plastic off and now its working on all 4 settings! Job is a lot easier with aircon because these buttons illuminate when the arm is making good contact. Without that its a bit hard to hear/feel the blower on setting 1 as its very low revs.