Sign in to follow this  
NG

16 x 9's ???

I have bought a set of 16 x 9 ,

Have now been told they will fit on the back just,

And will not fit on the front

Any one know what's the widest wheel u can put on the front, with out too much work and problem ?

NG

depends on the offset mate....for them to fit properly

dont stress too muhc it can be done,, have seen it done will need some arch work though and some coilovers???

How important is it to have a coilover setup with these wheel?

At the mo the car is lowered ( not sure how much ) on 15' wheel and the tyre is just flush with the arch

Will I need to do any arch work on the back ?

g-man had these on his corrado you need mucho arch rolling and possibly cutting as they will rub all the time iirc the ofset with 16x9's should be et15 might be wrong though.

awww.... thought this thread was gonna be about the biggest spekaers EVER!!! :lol:

9x 16's fit, as its been said a et15, whack ona ten mill spacer and your golden, tho i know they require coilovers im not sure if its the front or the back thats the issue

Hi,

I used to run 9 x 16" Borbet B's with ET15 offset and NO spacers (god I REALLY miss those wheels :cry: ....,) on my G60 and I had Koni TA's all round. The arches were rolled all round and the only real problems were the tyres getting scuffed on the rears. However, as has been mentioned this can be cured by using a spacer and fitting coilovers, then you should have no problems.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

before the guy gets all confused here....

9x16 with a ET15 offset, do not use spacers. will cause major hassles.

Use 10mm spacers tho on the ET25 9x16's to make them the equivilant of ET15.

You'll have to roll the rear arches either way or get funky with Mr. Hammer, tho it really depends on how you drive it. and get some coilovers, the struts are thinner, or your wheels will scrub against your suspension, you dont want that.

HTH

why cant you run et25 without the spacers?

should create less arch/tyre clearance.

could you not get away with et25-35 if using coilovers?

neil. :)

youd get away with an 8 on ET25 i reckon but 9's wouldnt go on past the strut, apparently, 9" wide on et 15 is quite close to the strut at the moment anyway.

youd get away with an 8 on ET25 i reckon but 9's wouldnt go on past the strut, apparently, 9" wide on et 15 is quite close to the strut at the moment anyway.

agree

So will my new wheels fit ?? 16 x 9 with a offset 25,

Cos I want to buy the tyres for them next week and stick them on

to see what they look like

205/40/16

5inch Dish !!!!!!

BLING BLING

So will my new wheels fit ?? 16 x 9 with a offset 25,

Cos I want to buy the tyres for them next week and stick them on

to see what they look like

205/40/16

5inch Dish !!!!!!

BLING BLING

i think you might have problems with this offset tbh. also what size tyres are you thinking of running ?

agree

ahh right cheers guys,hows about when using coilovers?

buys you a little more room maybe?

sorry for jumping on ya topic NG!

neil.

tbh i think the coilovers are used for the stiffness and to adjust the height to your satisfaction... very precise lowering needs to be done to get the wheels on with no rubbing..........

will let u kno more in a week or so

oh aye i realise that m8,but there normally 2 1/4" coils so give more room to run a higher offset than the standard shocks/springs...

on the mk1 the 9x14's (et35) wouldnt bolt on in a million years,where as changing to coilovers gave a nice 1-2mm :lol: clearance between wheel and spring.

neil.

i have borbet A's 16x9s on mine with avo adjustable suspension the arches are rolled on the front and cut out on the back the car has no spacers on it with 205/40/16 tyres.

thorpey, I was looking for a set of borbet A's for my ride,

how do they look on ur car? any pic ?

thorpey, I was looking for a set of borbet A's for my ride,

how do they look on ur car? any pic ?

there are pics in my members gallery of a corrado on borbets...

i have borbet A's 16x9s on mine with avo adjustable suspension the arches are rolled on the front and cut out on the back the car has no spacers on it with 205/40/16 tyres.

Ive got the very same wheels mate, im runnin 215/40/16's and the dont rub cos ive wound the coils up a bit and ive had absolutely no archwork although im pretty keen to get the rears rolled but ive got the front pretty humped and it doesnt rub there. Oh and your deffo gonna need coilovers mate, theres no way they will bolt to the hub with out coilovers on the back anyway

Struan i think your getting confused, if you put a spacer on your wheels which were et15 then it would stick them out even more and would destroy even more tyre