Sign in to follow this  
ryan

8 Valver Induction

:scratch: cheers mate..
there were 2 or 3 different versions of the Golf GTI engine for his year......although i would imagine its more to do with the different injection systems

how do i find out what ive got then???? :confused4:

by the looks of it you've NOT got digifant.......so its either Simos or the mystery one :wink: ...........phone up VW customer services or your $tealer and see if they can shed any further light

very nice too..(likeing the silver and the engine looks like a low milage!)

Thanks, its only done 53k so it is quite low miles really.

I now have a set of clear side repeters to stick on, might get round to doing this at the weekend - bin those horrible orange ones !

So what is mine fitted with ? any ideas ??

very nice too..(likeing the silver and the engine looks like a low milage!)

Thanks, its only done 53k so it is quite low miles really.

I now have a set of clear side repeters to stick on, might get round to doing this at the weekend - bin those horrible orange ones !

looks like digifant to me :wink:

yeah..repeaters have to be done!(only takes a few secs!)im not keen on the original wheels either TBH but its noce to see a clean original example like that! (like mine when i bought it..hehe)

...as far as i can work out..itll be the digifant system from what mr storm says...?

by the way..they were on about doing a calender on here..and wanting a car from each category...urs looks like a goodun for the 8v's?

ones digifant and ones running a maf aint seen one like that before

theres an uprated one on ebay for sale from a 98 gti ...do a search on golf gti mk3 and its on page 3

by the way..they were on about doing a calender on here..and wanting a car from each category...urs looks like a goodun for the 8v's?

Normally people are asking to put my body in a calendar! :lol:

……would love to have my C in a calendar!!!!

8)

just drill holes below the filter ie the bit before the filter or cut big holes but you should be able to get an induction kit as its digifant k-jet is what they used on the mk1 golf till the mk2 in 88 then changed to electronic fuel injection (k-jet was mechanical)

ones digifant and ones running a maf aint seen one like that before,,

They are both digifant managed. One is the earlier engine (2E, ADY) IIRC and the later one was AGG, or at least it was in the Golf and Passat anyway.

I've got a 2E in my Passat and there's no official induction kit AFAIK (unless someone wants to tell me otherwise!); the previous owner just removed the airbox and bolted on a K&N cone filter...

The problem is that the airbox holds the air flow meter up so currently it's just cable-tied to the inner wing! :shock: Have to either make a heatshield/mounting, or either replace the original airbox with a K&N panel and just drill it...

mines a ADY(the one in the pic) and i got a k+n specifically for it,(at least thats what GSF told me!) and it fitted on sweet as a nut with no cable ties required!

Mine's a '95 M 8v and the engine is identical to ryan's.

Haven't got a clue what injection system it is though. Or the engine code, for that matter. Er.....HTH.

i cant see how you cant get one...i just walked into GSF and bought one exactly for my engine...you have a golf mk3 gti engine....explain that and they should sort you out( they might ask the engine code..) :thumbleft: