Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

might have to sell my c :( (FIXED :) )

Good luck mistrall, hope you manage to get it sorted - and never lose faith or you'll end up driving a Volvo or something! :lol:

Thanks dude, my back up car is a volvo '85 740 GLE station wagon with 315000 miles on it, its a sweet ride and it just keeps going too.

mistrall, think about replacing the Dizzy, hall sender could be bad causing retardation of engine, at max retardation of 12 or 16 degrees, cant remember which, and running it for many miles the engine will get hot quicker than you can blink and the manifold will surely glow. I just recently found this out myself, I have a G60 so my manifold tends to slightly glow normally but once it gets red, worry. I am about to replace my dizzy and we will see what happens, PS why couldnt VW make good bolts? and why do you people in the UK call Banjo's the stringed instrument Banto's?

cheers guys - have managed to get intouch with 16vg60 who is on the case shure if any one can do it he can lol - will let you know

PS: NO VOLVO FOR ME - me thinks :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: pps: no ofence dude lol

just to let you guys know - i took her to 16vg60s and he did loads of stuff - the timing was way out and it had the origional black fuel filter on it - dizzy was wonky lol and the fuel was richer than bill gates - wrong oil filter without the valve - SHE'S ALLLLIIVE!!!!!!!!!

runs great - thanks for all your help guys mabe c you at gti inters if your there

What has been checked/changed? Timing ok? Fuel filter changed?

Only said that in the 2nd post as well :lol: At least its fixed.

lol - thing was that i got the timing changed and new cat but they did it wrong:( - should have listned but - you know how it is lol cheers

wonderful its so sad when people think they have to sell their corrado, I tell them not too. got to love timing, I am about to pay about 1000 US for my car to be fixed, its wonderful.

$1000 US is only about enough to buy a bacon sandwich in Leicester square now, mate, you should consider yourself lucky! When you've had a total bill for £2k+ you know you're in pain... ;-(

$1000 US is only about enough to buy a bacon sandwich in Leicester square now, mate, you should consider yourself lucky! When you've had a total bill for £2k+ you know you're in pain... ;-(

Work just finished on mine has totalled over £2700 - that really hurts but will be worth it once I'm back behind the wheel... it's been over a year since I've enjoyed her properly!

2700 pounds, you have to be insane to spend 5000 US on fixing your corrado, what was wrong with it that cost that much? blown motor?

you have to be insane to spend 5000 US on fixing your corrado

That sentence sounds familiar! :lol: :lol: :lol: New quote to put on the portal page? :lol: :lol:

erm, when J-DUB died, I ended up putting nearly £4,000 into the engine :oops: :lol:

Insane? Moi?...... most probably... ;) :silly: