Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Gran Turismo 4 - what do you think of it?

i could only afford the mx-5 at the time im doing some mazda challenge at the mo earning peanuts lol

have you done all the sunday cup races? you win some funny little arbrath noddy car which nets you a few k when you sell it. might as well do them all again and make yourself 15kish furki!

Get some cash togther.. believe it or not you can tune that little Noddy car to well over 250BHP!! I'm thinking it'd be a pretty devastating little track weapon if setup right given how light it is ;)

Just been thinking Jim - 6.30 minutes for the ring? That's pretty damn good in the skyline!

I was doing one of the merc cups and it involved a lap of the ring against other mercs. In my totally modded Mclaren SLR pushing around 900bhp I managed 7.30. It wasn't the best run, but I know it was pretty quick.

No one else plumped for a tuned Dodge Viper? It's awesome! Nearly 1000bhp and it sounds and moves more like a plane, especially when you add on the NOS!! :nuts: :cuckoo:

Hm strange..

Well I managed a few laps of the Nurburgring where I only came off 3 or 4 times and do around 6:30 on a reasonably consistant basis but the speed at which the Skyline gets round the speedo is quite shocking. Easy to find yourself up to 170MPH before you realise it...

That's probably the difference. The SLR, if you let it, will easily get up to at least 230 without the NOS, which is *very* scary going round the ring. I backed off a *lot* :)

I don't disbelieve you btw Jim :) I'm just annoyed because I have to shave another minute off my lap time ;)

lol.. i've pushed the skyline to 230MPH with NOS and its a bit amusing. Though clip the kerbs at that speed and its goodnight vienna ;)

Flippin' 'eck!

Just realised how much difference the oil change makes!!

Even on brand new, no mileage cars. Got a 770bhp Nissan Option Stream Z thingy with 770bhp. An oil change before I even put any miles on it put the power up to 808bhp!

Means my Viper is now up to 1032bhp (without the NOS)!

anyone got the nike car yet????

i also did the ring in a lister storm blimey couldnt believe how bumpy it was,, appraching a corner and 170mph+ was really pooing my pants

started doing the japanese races now in my poxy 260bhp FTO im loosing but im making better money than the beginners stage... got enough to mod my evo up now for the 4x4 races

Furki - as others have said, save up 30k and get the ready-modded R32 Golf. It's superb.

but u cant do the FR races in a Golf....gonna try and do the beginners section and than getr some badboy cars i think.....

1st GT i played u see so no experince of how it works will be good im sure though

Personally I'd say that you have to do the little races and win cars - mod those cars so that you can then win the races that they are eligible for ie FR, 4WD, lightweight etc.

Then build your money up and really mod a car so that it's capable of winning the rally that Jim mentioned. The car you get from that can be sold for 260k, which means you can then go and buy/mod a car to win almost any race you need.

The hardest part is getting going, but once you have a few cars from each category, you have lots of different races to enter ie the manufacturers cups, the yank/euro cups, the professional events etc.

like u said--- hardest part is getting going

cheers for the help dude

tell u one thing tthis game saves fuel consumption on the rado :lol:

get a 80's rx-7 with the first stage turbo/intercooler, stage 1 weight reduction and uprated suspension for the FR races, pretty cheap and i won them all with my rusty skills!

Ok er.. my time of 6:30 is BS.

I've just thumped around the track again this evening and I was being an idiot and for some reason just assuming that the scaffold bridge thing that clarkson used as his 'end' marker was the actual end bit. Apologies.. i'm not as good as I thought ;)

Easy to find yourself up to 170MPH before you realise it...

Sounds like the R1....

For all those who don't want to waste time winning crap cars that can't be used for races, there's a prize car list available on the 'net. It's not cheating (IMO) as you've still actually got to win the races, which is far from trivial in some cases. The URL is: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... _prize.txt

Up to approx. 28% complete so far.

Had the day off today.

Had a shedload of stuff to do which all went out the window after I went and bought GT4.(£29.99 too! :) )

Spent most of the day tooling around in arcade mode and then decided to get serious and do the B-licence.

It's a shame that you can't import your cars from GT3 as well as credits or I would have completed the thing by now..... :-P

Wish it had an import for GT Concept as well.Ho-hum. :twisted:

Then build your money up and really mod a car so that it's capable of winning the rally that Jim mentioned. The car you get from that can be sold for 260k, which means you can then go and buy/mod a car to win almost any race you need.

Which rally is this guys??

2nd one down in Special Conditions.. Capri rally. Its a piece of cake, you can do it over and over again, and the car you win is worth a bomb :D

Hmmm, GT4 is stopping me completing GT3. I am 9 races away from the end, but just want to play GT4 now.

The autosave screwed me a bit. I got my 100,000 credit from GT3 and thought I would try a few cars out. The first one I got was an Audi Quattro, which I bought and spent the remaining credit on a couple of mods. The game then saved itself and I'm stuck with it now :roll:

Its up to almost 245 BHP and I'm saving for a turbo upgrade. Luckily it handles ok, and has just about enough pace to do the easy races.

Aye i buggered up first too, i went out and bought a normal R32 then got a text from dubster82 saying about the bi-turbo beast. Turn of station, delete save game, try again :)