Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Gran Turismo 4 - what do you think of it?

Hey guys,

raced down the road on Wednesday to pick up a copy of GT4 - well knowing that there was no Corrado in it! I think it's totally amazing - handling spot on and the 13miles of the original Nurburgring is incredible - I'm in danger of losing my girlfriend if I don't reduce my gaming!

Played it a bit and think its everything I hoped it would be.. glad to say that i'm not that hooked on video gaming though so an hour or so at a time does me.

Managed 6:30 around the Nurburgring today in my Skyline.. 236MPH down the main straight.. jeeeesssus its a bit fun :)

I think we should start a challenge thread. Pick some popular tracks ala The Ring and we all post our times.

Could have a 'best time' in any chosen car and perhaps a chosen car in standard form and we can see who can get round the fastest under the same conditions....??

How about best time round the Nurburgring in an unmodifed mk1 Gti on medium sports tyres?

Then for a laugh.. try the renault 5 rally car on the ring... that thing is so unstable at speed its unbelievable (and it has 345BHP!)

the "ring" is scary..........

any idea what race you have to win to get the MK1 GTI???

I hate laguna seca....braking for the corkscrew gets me everytime!

I'm currently doing the Capri race on and off to save up some cash to buy the Mercedes McLaren SLR.. wanna hear if they've got the noise of that V8 and the howling supercharger right ;)

The MkI is pretty cool. Was racing my mate in a BMW M3 and he was in an Audi RS6 and we did two laps of the ring - 16minutes or so and crossed the line basically together although my Beemer was nearly taking off on the long straights! Anyone added NOS to their motors? I've got it in the MKV Gti - love it!

Yep - my Skyline is NOS equipped. Its a nice little mod considering how little it costs.. and if you want the ultimate giggle go into the car setup and adjust how much it injects to max! Admittedly it won't last you very long but you get some serious serious pace ;)

Just the b so far,........

Been building up my car collection by using B-spec racing to win money whilst eating dinner/reading etc....

I aint even tried that Bspec stuff - how exactly do you do it? Are you just basically controlling a car in a replay - telling when to overtake and stuff?

You tell it what strategy to follow.. ie how hard to push, and whether to try and overtake or not (though it will overtake anyway on its own)....

If you push it too hard the car nay spin off...

imported the b and a licences from gt4 prologue, but didnt bring over any of my gt3 credits...more fun building up to the big motors so it feels like you earned it! currently blatting about in a 80's RX-7 with 255bhp, which is nice!

IMO it 'feels' better than the previous GT's, I've not played one since prologue a few months back so I was a bit rusty, but I've finding it easier than previous versions to get into.

the photo mode is fun too!

I'm still waiting for my copy. I pre-ordered it months ago online, but my credit card has since been calncelled so the payment bounced, they just never bothered to tell me until today...............

had to have a blat on GT3 last night, and even that felt good, can't wait for GT4 arriving sometime this week.

It's wicked man - you won't be disappointed. If you get the chance - play it with the 2PS2s or more - 2tellys etc. I love that.

Done the licences apart from the special.

What percentage is everyone at?

im stuck on the FR races in beginners mode.....my cars simply not fast enough for competition and i aint got no enough money to mod it,,,,what do i do jus keep races and coming last??????? make lil money

also done that national A and B licences

i kno i prob wont get F-all help as everyone is playing GT4

What car are you using?

10k should buy you a nice race-winning skyline or summat from the used cars section.