Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Flusted's 16VG60 "Unpimp das auto"

I like the look of it (This week!)

Engine bay is nice where did you get the braded line coming out of your power rhor ?

I reckon it's an overbraid kit.

Gavin

Skirts are forsale in 4sale section!

pipe is a overbraid jobbie but a very good quality 1,not cheap.

Engine is runnin 2 exhaust cams,flowed head,4 branch,lightened flywheel and was puttin out 162bhp b4 flowed head

hers some recent pics following the respray i just done.

Its my first attempt at spraying,and it needs flatting back yet.

SPECIAL THANX TO CHEESY

For selling me the front bumper,wings,headlights and rear spoiler!!!!!!!!!!

thanks! was trying to get away from the "boyracer " look and take the mature option!

That idea went out the window :lol:

Hopefully droppin a 2l in soon so il spray bay then!

Are you going to change the block for a 6A or 9A, or are you going for a complete new engine?

6a from audi,then use my flowed head and cams,and flywheel! 180ish bhp yum yum

You won't regret that mate, I've had my 6A block in for about 15,000 miles now (it was a new VAG unit) and after a recent set-up on Optimax at Stealth to maximise the ignition advance it's really going well.

a while back I remember you modding your throttle body a bit, now I've never really heard this making any difference to a 16v, but I had a go the other weekend, was a bit scared to take too much metal out but it endend up OK, see picture.

To my surprise, with the flowed head and manifolds it actually does make a difference, well at least I noticed it at 6000-7200 rpm, it flies round the revs now to the limiter, whereas before it was struggling a bit on the last 1000 revs.

David.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to have a play with my throttle body, it's standard at the moment.

I had a fiddle with the ignition timing last week, when it was on the rollers it made 162bhp at 6deg BTDCon 95 octane unleaded, I've advanced it to around 8 deg and it's noticably more lively.

Does look better in red - looks quite matt in the pics though :?

I know it's been ingnored, but I have to agree with that, is there something you could do to bring out the shine? Very brave to have a go at painting yourself, fair play to you.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to have a play with my throttle body, it's standard at the moment.

I had a fiddle with the ignition timing last week, when it was on the rollers it made 162bhp at 6deg BTDCon 95 octane unleaded, I've advanced it to around 8 deg and it's noticably more lively.

yep on Optimax, or now Tesco 99, mine flies at about 8 deg base advance, I think the flowed and polished head helps to avoid pinking too.

Other tuned 2.0 16v's seem to be set up to about 8deg by Stealth too and providing the fuelling is adequate at the top end they all seem to run fine and get good power.

David.

I've not tried Optimax etc in mine yet, the extra cost puts me off :wink:

Not sure what the fueling is like on mine. I cannot do the WUR mod because mine is a factory fitted 9A with KE-Motronic, although hopefully it will adjust the fueling to suit via the lambda. Oh yes mine still has a cat too.

I've not tried Optimax etc in mine yet, the extra cost puts me off :wink:

Not sure what the fueling is like on mine. I cannot do the WUR mod because mine is a factory fitted 9A with KE-Motronic, although hopefully it will adjust the fueling to suit via the lambda. Oh yes mine still has a cat too.

Tesco 99 just cost me 89.9p/L plus 5p a litre off for a 50 quid shop :)

Mine was set at 9deg cos you can run more advance with 2 zorst cams.

Your pic of tb looks good but when i did mine,i removed the spindles and ground them down loads and fitted counter sunk screws in them aswell as the spindle in small butterfly is HUGE

Does look better in red - looks quite matt in the pics though :?

I know it's been ingnored, but I have to agree with that, is there something you could do to bring out the shine? Very brave to have a go at painting yourself, fair play to you.

Easy peasy to get that to shine

Just a full wet flat with 1500 wet and dry and then some G3 on a mop :)

(depending on the amount of paint applied)

I know the grills not straight and the bonnet wasnt latched down 1 side!

Need to make some fog blanks to cover fmic pipes,as the outlets on intercooler now face the engine,and the other pipes have been blocked.