Sign in to follow this  
Rams

VAG COM GROUP BUY

Would anyone be interested if we could all agree on a system where we all share VAG COM - the error codes for those who dont know it plugs into your ECU to determine where faults are.

If we all paid X amount one person ie. me or anyone who wants to be the main holder, could then post it onto the next person. All you would have to pay is postage and if someone could kindly tell me if its a small then that would make postage even cheaper.

We could buy a carrier, ie. a hard plastic case to protect it and so on.....

It would be much better knowing we had access to a very helpful tool. Due to the group by this item will be very inexpensive.

We could have a few to cover the south, North etc.

Please let me know if there is interest for this so we can get cracking. I know I wouldnt mind having access to it if I have a problem and we could divise the next person to have it on the website so we can tract where it is at all times.

I look forward to your responses!

And your point?

Am showing off :p:p

I was luckily enough to have a good friend make me one who happens to be a electronics engineer

:lol:

Ok fair enough but I would like to know of people that would like to contribute to buying such a system and not for those who already have use of VAG COM!

So you enjoy your personal VAG COM untill your hearts content! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well perhaps I should re-phrase what I wrote!!!

What I am saying is anyone is welcome to use my VAGCOM should they need it!!!

Ahhhh, I thought you were just being sarcastic, my apologies. Wicked, we can cover costs for postage and what ever else you may require. I suppose we could all agree well for the ones that are keen to use your system or any other a price that we would all cover as a deposit or if someone accidently broke it.

Did you say it was a copy? Is it still accurate?

Apologies again, I just thought you were being selfish. My bad! :shock:

Anyone is welcome to use it but I would prefer not to post it around all over the UK! *:)

I travel quite a bit anyway so can meet anyone up.

Also you need VAGCOM software and a laptop to run it.

On a further note I only have the interface for VW's up to 1993... the OBD 2 plug I do not have.......

Cheers

Scott

I have a laptop just need the software. Can this be down loaded from the NET?

I live in Bournemouth if your around at all in the near future.

Go to Ross-tech website - can download shareware version from there which is goof enough to read fault codes

For the VR6, you need this cable. Observe the surface mount circuit board inside, which is difficult to replicate and I wouldn't recommend it since this circuitry protects your ECU. If you do make one and it blows the ECU, you have no comeback and you'll probably be sued for breach of copyright if found out.

A couple of other things...the G60 requires a different cable but details and prices are here:- http://www.vag-com.co.uk

If you order from the states (Ross-tech), you'll incur import duty with order, which for one cable, equates to a fiver or £7.70 if you buy an extension cable for desktop PCs too.

The software needs registering to realise the full functionality also, which you can only do upon purchasing the lead.

Kev

i would also be aware to that some of the earlier C's won't actually "talk" to the VAG-COM software.....as ess_three hooked up his lap-top to dubster82's 91 G-60 and it wouldn't talk to it at all,yet it has "talked"to both mine and pau1's VR's even with both of them having different sockets