Sign in to follow this  
willwoll100

12 hours, 598 miles all done today oh what fun

It all started at me getting up at 6am this morning and being out the door and driving at 6.50am. Last week I had a brilliant plan to go on a huge road trip of Wales since I do a lot of testing there with work and know some of the truly brilliant roads. The route is below starting from Banbury in Oxfordshire;

M40

V

M42

V

M5

V

M6

V

M54

V

A5 (all the way to Bangor)

V

A5025 (all around Anglesey's coast)

V

A5 (again)

V

A4080 (the full road)

V

A5 (yet again)

V

A487

V

B4547

V

A4086

V

A498

V

A4085

V

B4410

V

A487

V

A470 (all the way to Brecon)

V

A40 (to Llandovery)

V

A4069

V

A4068

V

A4067

V

A40 (all the way to the M50)

V

M50

V

M5

V

A46

V

A44

V

A361 (back to Banbury)

I am now totally knackered and was amazed to see the trip computer reading exactly 12 hours driving!!! Also averaged 50mph (I stuck to all the village speed limits religously), averaged 24.3mpg and I wasn't hanging about.

Here's some pics of the motor and the scenery, sorry for the quality I used my camera phone :( But I had an absolutely great time all by myself, no nagging girlfriend :wink: )

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

Any questions or comments are welcome :lol: :wink:

you must have been washing it every mile or 2 as well :wink: .........you're C is looking well shiny in your pics 8)

Yeah I do think I'm a bit mad but it was great fun and I would thoroughly recommend people going to North Wales for a run out maybe not so much a 12 hour stint in one day but you know what I mean.

The first pic was taken after about 400 miles, the sun can be very deceptive :wink:

The last pic was at anglesey at Bull Bay on the north coast, I think the colour of the car makes it always look shiny, I'll be gutted when she goes next month :cry:

Yeah tried it 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend in her Yaris T-Sport and when she wasn't saying don't go to near the edge and when she wasn't shouting ARAF ARAF the sound and driving really isn't quite the same to an induction kitted powerflowed VR6 :lol: :-P :wink:

Definate mentalist!

You taking a quick trip to to MK meet tommorrow? By comparison it's only up the road!!

Can't make it I'll be in bed all day, GP and what not :wink: Anyway it's just to close :-P

I could never do it! I'd fall asleep @ the wheel, unless so someone did the boring bt for me then i got to rag it around wales :D

p.s...watch out for those speed cameras in the village...there aint only one of them!

Please elaborate as to where the cameras are as I didn't see any on the roads I drove on in Wales on a shed load of camera signs. Am I expecting a good banning? Now I'm worried :cry: :shock:

Nice going, not trying to steal your limelight but done a few similar trips

Had to make a quick trip to manchester a couple of years back, that was around 500 miles, left at 8 in the evening and got back by 3.30am approx, done Manchester to Glasgow a couple of times (not in corrado) which is 700 miles all within half a days work.

Just to add, the first trip to glasgow i hired a car from manchester, took all my favourite cd's, then spent 20mins looking for the Cd changer only to realize there wasnt one, oh well played the same cassette over and over again :(

Well great weather to do it, looks like a brilliant road trip. I fancy doing something like that myself, but over 2 days at least! Your C looks great btw!

I will be moving to oxfordshire soon, any recommendations for garages, paint shops, wheel refurbers etc etc to use? Have you sold your car already then, or looking to sell next month?

Selling her next month :cry: :cry: :cry: , mines going into a paint shop in a few weeks and I'm also getting my wheels refurbed so I'll keep you informed. By the way I don't come from Banbury I'm a Mackem (Sunderland) lad and will be moving up there in July again.

Majik where are you located in the NE?

well..... i have similar trip.. except it was 1300miles......... :) too a fair while, but the ol G unit didnt skip a beat. and it was done in 2 uber tiring stints. :lol:

did you take those pics "just down the road" or did you wipe the wheels, damn their clean !

They are painted with 'special' bling paint so even when dirty they look clean if you know what I mean. I'll post some proper pics when they're refurbed BLING BLING!!!

well..... i have similar trip.. except it was 1300miles......... :) too a fair while, but the ol G unit didnt skip a beat. and it was done in 2 uber tiring stints. :lol:

2 trips you pussy :lol: :lol:

Selling her next month , mines going into a paint shop

which ones yours then? did i miss something , who's is the other ?

excuse me ???

divide 1300 by 2. and i tihnk you'll find both trips were more than yours :lol::lol::lol:

it was actually a fair bit over 1300 miles cause i wasa t about 720 miles by the time i got to G werks and it was about 650 miles the way back.

it wouldnt of been to bad if it wasnt for the sleep deprivation and and the silly traveling times.

i arrived and one destination at 6 am and slept outside and old folks home for 2 hours :lol::lol::lol:

Selling her next month , mines going into a paint shop

which ones yours then? did i miss something , who's is the other ?

Gixxeruk have you been drinking or smoking??? :wink:

Nice one willwoll, cool pix. Hope you stopped for the official transport regs rest every 4 and a half hours - as if LOL