Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

chrishills silver vr6 - the wheels are on!

i like it mate, always loved silver rados.. bet you got BIG plans for it!!

is that a private plate??

yeah its a private plate but it'll be coming off soon as chrisvr6nos is yet to transfer it, under the reg number it says 'supercharged vr6 nos' which is a bit of a lie ;)

planning on keeping it for a while, so its evolution/transformation might be a slow one. I'd love to go down the route a20lee has, but I dont have the cash and it'll be a daily driver so its not really practical. at the moment I'm thinking more along the lines of what OSV's done, sort of OEM+ but a bit more + than OEM if you see what I mean!

Very nice! Was wondering what a silver C would look like without the side strips and looks really good. Look forward to seeing this car develop...

from what I'm told satin silver VR's are quite thin on the ground... up until recently chrisvr6nos had 2! (greedy git) it'd be nice to know some official figures for how many cars in each colour were produced, just for the stat nerd in me

coxy - hows the conversion coming? me and chrisvr6nos were talking about trying to orgainise a local meet at some point (once hes back on the road) and probably a convoy down to the forum meet when it happens, be good to have a couple of charged up vr's in the convoy, maybe even three if paul (h8rra) gets his sorted out too.

Slowly mate - I am just trial fitting the back axle now, then I have to fabricate some mounting points for the diff, then fix the prop, then get an exhaust made, THEN get the car repainted! Other than that its ready to go :D

I am up for a regional meet, I know a few lads who would also be interested, keep me informed.

Is ChrisVR6Nos fitting the charger and the nos to his new car then?

what you playing at coxy? pull your finger out! :lol: chris already has the charger and nos on the new car, rather than take all his bits and bobs off one engine and put them back on the other he basically just swapped the whole engine over! only downside is my clocks read 160k when the engines really done 120k.

why did he swap engines over etc and sell the c to you, whats the difference between yours and the other s/silver vr?

not a great deal really! they're both k plate, both the same colour... only difference at the moment is that mines on the road and his isnt! Mines actually crash repaired (photos in chris's member gallery) but its spot on and I'd never have known unless I saw the pics and the car before the respray. Chris is a perfectionist though, just the knowledge it'd been in a bump was enough for him to change. He's a 'bit' gutted now, keeps saying he wishes he'd not sold it to me...but hes not getting it back! :lol:

I don't know, there seems a lot of chat about my car, did ppl talk about it as much when i had it?

The reason i'm a little deflated about it going is that i felt i'd sold it too cheap because it is looking right and the respray was £760 and a little more violet was added to get an effect going on and it is sweet when clean and the sun shines!

The new one just isn't as good and has standard suspension and nothing works, like the locking, windows, sun-roof, mirrors, a dry joint to the ECU, the f***ing breaks are the s***est i've ever come across!

It's just f**ked and it hasn't got the glassy tinted finish of my old one plus the drive shafts vibrate and every nut, bolt and item underneath is blood rusted into a fluffy ball of corrosion.

That's why i'm sad that my VR's gone although i know it's gone to a good home that's why i sold it cheaper and left some stuff on.

I have the 6 direct port injectors yet to fit for the nitrous on the new engine and the reason i swapped the engine & box is because i had an ultra-light 6Lb alloy flywheel on and i'm buggered if i was going to go through the toil of splitting the two to swap the flywheel out and i wasn't going to leave it as it's £349 worth of flywheel

Good luck Chris, glad you're liking it!

I've got grooved and cross-drilled discs on the back now and 310mm cross-drilled vented discs with calipers for the front and getting the goodridge hoses soon so hopefully the breaks will improve with them on.

At least you can tell ppl your car has seen the higher side of 160mph many a time! And as you saw with your own eyes, it beats Skylines! You were the passenger at the time so you saw first hand!

It's a competition with the Satin Silver VR6's with me and Chris now especially as we're both Chris's, join the party! It's all gravy man!

By the way Chris, where's all the pics then!?

I'll have to post some pics of my new heap but someone nicked my new Nikon digital camera so Chris you'll have to take some for me in kind of a two silver VR on angles stylee, like Tom VR6 and i think Kev Haywire's cars

Chris

well at least you're one step closer chris, its back on the road! you know you've got the skills to make it something VERY special ;)

I'll take mine out and get some nice photos once the sun comes out again, all my recent attempts look rubbish due to bad light :(

Lovely looking motor! Those Speedlines look brand new, need to get mine refurbed! Looks amazing in that colour dropped on the 15's! Thats how I've left mine, amazing handling - god knows why they didn't bring the car out lower from factory, I think they look so stupid at factory height, doesn't really look like a sports car at that height

cheers! theres the usual scuffs and scrapes on the speedlines, they just dont show up in those photos. TBH i didnt realise how low it was until i parked it next to chris vr6nos's on standard suspension, i guess that just proves your point that it looks 'right' that low.

Chris we'll have to measure mine against yours before i put low swag on at the weekend, it's doing my noodle in being a tractor and now that it's running half right i'll get it sorted.

We have to take some vids on our phone's mate! I've tried a little one as a trial but need more!!!!!

Chris

Chris, they are stunning mate. I think I prefer them to the ZW1s actually.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car.

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but cake them in some really good car wax because speaking from my own experience of RH, they bloody need it! If you're using them over winter, soak them in WD40....

ta kev! got some wax for that exact purpose, i'm terrified of ruining them!

just trial-fitted one to the front to see what the clearance was like over the calipers...they catch! only by a few mm though so that'll have to be ground back. doesnt look like they'll be on today! :(