Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Replaced a dodgy connector on one of the temp sensors, adjusted the tailgate lock so you can open it without jumping up and down on it to get it free. Contemplated doing some other wee bits but the pub called out to me about a real ale night.

not a bad days work, got mine ready for it's MOT, it's the first time i have really had to do anything to get it through.

new front disks and pads

new front tyres

rear pads

both handbrake cables

replaced the rear flexi hoses

stripped and painted all the hard brake lines

both outer cv boots

new radiator

bead blasted and repainted the radiator cowling

fitted new touch screen and updated the navigation drive from 2001 maps to 2009.

Yesterday, fitted the speedo needle so it reads correctly.

Drivers wheel developed an almight squeek when turning left. Thought it has something to do with the CV joints or front discs pads i've just had fitted to the car. Turns out one of the splash guard nuts had worked its way loose and was catching the brake disc - hence the awful squeek. Some how the nuts thread has been knackered right on the end. Just took the nut out and alls well.

Also sorted the awful noise the exahust sys was making. The was a light gap at the manifold flange due to the flexible nuts needed doing up more.

Last week fitted a miltek sports cat and i know they wont give you huge gains but the car feels more lively.

Im happy with the car... maybe jinxed myself for saying that. :?

Finally did the foliage seal and replaced the blower motor. 1 week later the car is finally dry on the inside, and not letting any more rain in. Oh and the screen blower no longer feels like an asthmatic blowing through a drinking straw. :D

begun the restoration process and replaced p/s disk and bearing, all calipers off bar one or clean down and painting!

washed and waxed it then thrashed it over to see my 4 year old godson. Wierdly it felt stuttery all the way up to 80 mph through the gears. It's just had a new crank sensor, plugs, oil and all the filters as part of a service. The garage did say the HT leads looked a bit manky . . . . .

My mates wife who knows little about cars outside of the Mercs and Beemers they get as his company cars said "Cool, that has the spolier that goes up when you go fast!" (Chufty!)

After collecting my car from DG Autotech yesterday with its nice new rear brakes (discs, pads and compensator were all very worn :pale: ), I strolled out my front door this morning with the ice cold wind in my hair, set about scraping the ice off of my windscreen... lifted the passenger side wiper, scraped underneath, whistled a tune. Went to lift up the drivers side and was left a little dazed and confused when the arm came off in my hands. At 6:30 in the morning this was a little surreal to say the least. The metal has sheared between where it attaches to the spindle and where the arm bends! Can only assume it had a fracture and the cold weather had made it contract expand contract expand until BREAK! Oh and the bonnet cable is snapped so what a lovely job I have this weekend :brickwall:

Broke down! :(

Got a mile away from home when i could smell burning. Looked in mirror and rear wheels were smoking away - handbrake and froze on. so had to get towed home.

They seem to have released more or less now - i think. But the handbrake isnt right. Going to have to strip the brakes when snows gone.

I was just looking through my posts from a while back and I noticed all my car issues happened in the winter.

Heater Matrix went / expansion tank went / burst rad / door handle snapped and found a 'Best of Westlife' CD under passenger seat :shock:

I'm thinking of trying to immimise usage of the C as much as possible. Or only take out if outside temp is above 5/6 degrees :confused4:

thats unlucky, i have a set of standard wiper arms and blades if you need em :D
gonna bite the bullet and TT the bitches... it was a future plan anyway

Broke down! :(

Got a mile away from home when i could smell burning. Looked in mirror and rear wheels were smoking away - handbrake and froze on. so had to get towed home.

They seem to have released more or less now - i think. But the handbrake isnt right. Going to have to strip the brakes when snows gone.

Shove a new set of handbrake cables on it, that ought to sort the issue out. I used to have to leave mine running for a while so the underside of the car warmed up and the cables defrosted.