Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Got my late christmas present - pressed plates from Dubmeister :D

oh... and got rescued by Jim, classic non start of my car and being so feeble I couldn't get my temp sensor off. Jim happend to walk by in Sainsburys car park and helps me out :notworthy:

:lol:

Its not where wally but wheres Jim this week :lol:

Was a weird coincidence indeed. Normally stop off at Tesco in Leamington to get last minute dinner ingredients, but just decided to swing into the Kenilworth Sainsburys.. Spotted a Corrado, spotted it was red (and likely to be yours Laura) and then saw the bonnet was up so took a walk over! I'm not the best at the oily bits on cars - thankfully disconnecting the 5th injector was within my skill-set!! :)

Took Corryn in for her MOT - the ol' girl passed with flying colours! :clap:

[despite an advisory last year re rear beam needing some Waxoyl so spare beam renovation can proceed at leisurely pace!]

New advisory - 6 pots not running as free as they should - need using more!!! :shock:

She also tried out her Christmas pressie - Lupo wipers - what a difference! [thanks Goldie] :D

Partially dismantled my Redline Firebreather throttle body, cleaned and lubed the spindle, butterfly and the butterfly bearings.......

.....it doesn't stick in the nearly-closed position now!! No more fast idle, slow rev drop, jerky pulling away :clap: - til next time! :lol:

Replaced the heater foliage guard seal and got rid of all the manky stuff from the scuttle tray. Took the passenger side doorcard off and sorted out an annoying leak which had been getting through the door liner plastic, then discovered that the heater matrix is leaking - job for next weekend methinks :lol:

Repaired the rear number plate surround, de-rusted and painted it, and re-soldered a connection on the wiring which had caused the lights to stopped working. Oh, I spent 5 hours last night at work in the garage detailing the VR too, I'm on call so can't do much else, looks good now :)

Took Corryn in for her MOT - the ol' girl passed with flying colours! :clap:

[despite an advisory last year re rear beam needing some Waxoyl so spare beam renovation can proceed at leisurely pace!]

Can proceed at leisurely pace LOL. You had that advisory last year and from what I know any new rear beam has been pretty leisurely so far!!!!!!

Cleaned it at last :clap: :clap:

Only been stood filthy in the garage a whole month after having the new rear beam fitted but the snow has gone and it wasn't raining so it's come out and been cleaned at long long last.

Sorted passenger door leak friday, just needed more speaker wire pulled into door to stop water tracking along it,

rained yesterday - carpet still dry! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Prised the keys back out of Mrs 4eyes hand - she's been using the C in the bad weather recently in preference to her 3 series soft top.

After the recent salt on the roads this was the first weekend it hasn't been either freezing or snowing so I gave the old girl a thorough going over :) . A jet wash under the arches and the floor a thorough wash on top and a coating of detailing wax. I even managed to use my new drying towel and microfibre cloth for the first time, the towel was brilliant. Finally topped up all the fluids and fitted some Lupo wipers.

Whilst I was having fun my wife managed to break the washing machine and the wifi, yesterday it was the kettle, it's neverending. :(

Matt

Fitted a new bumper kindly supplied by Shaung60. Looks good!

Bit awkward to get to things without it being jacked up though...

Oh well, the skin on the beck of my knuckles should grow back in time...!

How'd you manage to remove the bolts holding the bumper irons without jacking the car up!? :scratch: :cheers:

Yesterday i attempted to change the thermostat, but got as far as removing the top radiator hose and lost all confidence - taking it to garage next week. :(

Gave the car a damn good wash down with the jet wash, get all that nasty salt off.

How'd you manage to remove the bolts holding the bumper irons without jacking the car up!? :scratch: :cheers:

Yesterday i attempted to change the thermostat, but got as far as removing the top radiator hose and lost all confidence - taking it to garage next week. :(

Gave the car a damn good wash down with the jet wash, get all that nasty salt off.

Magic!

Na, didn't need to touch the iron, 'just' unclipped the bumper from the back, then 'simply' pulled it off ;)

I chickened out of my thermostat too, it's a long old bitch of a job, apparently.

So, the bumper (the actual plastic part) simply clips to the metal part of the bumper?

What i was annoyed about more is, i only picked up 1 litre of coolant after being told it will be enough, but more then a litre drained out of the thermostat housing. So had to top it up a bit with water :( I'm going to get it drained and refilled again when it goes in.

Yep - I had to unclip the long grill section first to gain access to the clips, pull the retaining 'wedges' out from the center of the clips first, which allows you to then squeeze the two sides of the clip together, thus allowing them to push through the rectangular hole in the bumper iron. Simples :)

That's annoying mate, who told you that then!?

Fitted a new driver's inner CV joint plastic shield, tightened the steering pump belt and splashed some waxoyl about. 8)

Didn't sort the intermittent thumping from the front end - Arse :(

She threw a tantrum and spat off the rear exhaust exhaust rubber mount. The only replacement I could get in a hurry was for a Ford Fiesta. Fitted perfectly. Told the car it's staying until she behaves for at least a week then she'll get a nice new VAG one.