Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

removed the rear wiper and motor and blanked off hole with a halfords grommet. Fitted a momo gearknob and did some investigation on the G60 head gasket as someone told me it was a gti spec... he was wrong!! my gasket is correct spec. :clap:

Took it for a spin then phoned G-werks about bringing it in for a charger service.

Took it to another garage after my usual one took three days to figure out how the linkage was broken and my slave cylinder was u/s

I might have been less annoyed if I hadn't told them it all beforehand.

Took it to a different garage now it's misfiring now.

You corner... rain decides it wants to part of your mirror switches/tweeters!

Not there for the extra downforce round corners if thats what you thought I meant lol

You corner... rain decides it wants to part of your mirror switches/tweeters!

Not there for the extra downforce round corners if thats what you thought I meant lol

:lol:

I read it as if you meant the rain and cornering where two seperate issues :tongue:

Yeah i'll let you know bud.

Today I swore at the space where my 'rado is usually parked.

No compression on cylinders 1 and 2, garage suspects it to be a worn camshaft causing the valves to stay shut,

God I hope he's right.

Had to pay out for a new dizzy, as the one I had seemed to magically warp and wear itself out after the previous garage had a look at it...

*sigh*

Month total - £1400 approx and counting.

I fitted some new 6x4 speakers into the rear parcel shelves. then looked at the shabby red paintwork and rusty rear drivers quarter and sighed :(

then drove it to spraycraft to get a quote on the quarter panal replacement and a full lick of fresh paint..."dont expect much change outa 3 grand kid" he said "if ya want it doin proper" " proper show like...like them ones that those edition38 boys drive".................and thats to restore it to its original flash red colour!!! then again he was a coachbuilder for Bentley.

anyone have a new O/S/rear quarter panal they wanna sell lol...I can exchange for an arm, a leg or a kidney :lol:

3K to spray one panel!!!

OMG no...thats to fit the panel and tend to the tiny bit of rust on the rear panel. Then to de-rust everywhere else, except the underbody then prep the entire car ready for new primer, topcoat (flame red)and laquer.

thinking of a colour change tho... :confused4:

3K to spray one panel!!!

OMG no...thats to fit the panel and tend to the tiny bit of rust on the rear panel. Then to de-rust everywhere else, except the underbody then prep the entire car ready for new primer, topcoat (flame red)and laquer.

Sorry misread what you were saying :lol: thankfully!!!

Not exaclty what I did to my Corrado today (more like what I did to my Corrado the other day), but pulled out my old green filter (which was no longer green :gag: ) and replaced it with a super duper twin cone green filter. Getting the heat shield on this weekend :grin:

I know it's only a simple thing to do but I didn't half feel good with me socket set out and tinkering under the bonnet :clap:

I know it's only a simple thing to do but I didn't half feel good with me socket set out and tinkering under the bonnet :clap:

yup, its official....you've now got the bug.

yup, its official....you've now got the bug.

If only I had the knowledge to go with it! :lol:

recently found out that the boot was leaking through the gromit holding the rear corrado badge. Thought I will just go and order 6 new ones from the dealers knowing that they were only 45pence each + VAT. Turns out that they only sell them in batch of 20 !!! DOHHH No choice had to order them. Its either that or have a wet boot.

recently found out that the boot was leaking through the gromit holding the rear corrado badge. Thought I will just go and order 6 new ones from the dealers knowing that they were only 45pence each + VAT. Turns out that they only sell them in batch of 20 !!! DOHHH No choice had to order them. Its either that or have a wet boot.

Noticed my boot was a bit damp after a heavy downpour the otherday and also noticed that the corrado badge isnt sitting flat with the bodywork, if it turns out thats the cause of the leak ill take 6 off you for a price of course ill keep you posted buddy

Jon

Fitted a FK badgeless grill and found that ive got a rattling noise coming from underneath the car...ive had a quick look and all the exhaust mounts are fine, are there any heat shields under there and do they come off as a course of age/usage etc? If so, are they easy enough to put back on?

Fitted a FK badgeless grill and found that ive got a rattling noise coming from underneath the car...ive had a quick look and all the exhaust mounts are fine, are there any heat shields under there and do they come off as a course of age/usage etc? If so, are they easy enough to put back on?

they are attached on with a round disk type fixings :scratch: . they rust and break off leaving a rattly heat shield. easy and cheap fix.

Fitted a new pair of "lungs" in the form of BMC CDA induction kit today. The kit was purchased recently off StueyB in the parts for sale section (Good comms and well packaged item cheers). The car now feels even more responsive and sounds awesome on throttle...well happy with it. Had to make a trip to B and Q to get the L bracket to connect one end to the wing.

DSCF0846.JPG[/attachment:1rrydevf]

Not my Corrado - but as it's parked for the winter - and the Corrado Support vehicle (Passat VR6) had some serious trouble holding the "idle" going I went out hunting for cause of trouble.

Changed the plugs as I had noticed "sparkles" around one of the plugs - that didn't help.

Cleaned the MFA - didn't help

Cleaned the ISV - Didn't help.

After the cleanup of ISV I noticed more "air sound" somewhere in the engine.

Actually turned out to be the "damper" that sits on the ISV - it where sucking in "false air" so it was really only able to hold the idle (somewhat) when it was hot.

Good to have a normal "roaring" VR6 again......;)

they are attached on with a round disk type fixings :scratch: . they rust and break off leaving a rattly heat shield. easy and cheap fix.

Cool thanks mate, i thought it would be something like that, i'll give it a look tomorrow :salute:

Made more progress changing interior lights to red, window switches complete. Mirror switch came apart and was promtly reassembled - LEDs seem impossible to get to!

Reinstalled the funky valve that goes from the head to the inlet manifold - it had been bypassed, but always carried oil.

Finally, adjusted the rear hatch catch - on rattle alert and realised that the whole boot was moving when going over bumps - half the rattles are now gone!

Am i the only one doing anything to my car these days?!

Had the Corrado converted to run on LPG during the week. Used Profess Gas in Wales, did a sterling job. Car runs really well, slight loss of power when gunning it, but thats because it's running a bit weak on LPG, i'm slowly tuning to make it richer.

Got a 43 litre donut tank in the spare wheel well, takes about 38litres. Car now runs at 25/26mpg (30/31 previously), giving me 220miles per tank. (which costs me £22 to fill!)

Car runs more smoothly as well. It's fitted with an AC STAG 300 Plus system, seems pretty clever, but not too clever, which is good. Got software for mapping as well which is a bonus.

All in all, very pleased, my car now costs the same to run as a 1.9TDi but sounds much better :) Will have paid for itself within the year too.

If anyone has any questions on it, just let me know,