Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted my new solid front engine mount. Makes the car feel more together on corners and gearchanges are slicker ( although the shift itself is the same as before).

I'm a happy chappy :) Thanks to CazzaVR for his advice before i fitted, was exactly as he said :)

fitted a new timing belt on the G-lader (12mm) been putting it of for weeks

& now a hose clip on the boost pipe has failed :brickwall: job for toms

Just sorted out my wiper motor, just needed to be adjusted on the motor side to have the wipers sitting right... pain of a job tbh

Took car to the MOT station today and its a PASS!!! Woohoo. :clap: I tell ya it was an anxious wait. Also got a great deal from KWIK FIT for getting the MOT done for £25 which I thought was a bargain.

Took car to the MOT station today and its a PASS!!! Woohoo. :clap: I tell ya it was an anxious wait. Also got a great deal from KWIK FIT for getting the MOT done for £25 which I thought was a bargain.

Defo bargain I pay almost double that

Painted the footwells ready for new underlay and new speaker cables,can't wait to get new system in let alone the mot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent 5 hours cleaning it inside and out for the first time since the shitty weather!! washed, shammied, back-to-blacked, polished, touched up stone chips, autosol'd shiney bits, tyre shine, leather interior polished 8) all done whilst looking forward to having a good old run in the sun but was dark by the time i finnished :(

took doorcards off [had to come off anyway as they and seats need furniture clinic respray]. to try an do door pins :epicfail: way to fiddly, gave up!. took off plastic head n rockercover ,cover thingy, to be painted in silver tommorow, got no work so may as well get some stuff done ,also got new door seals to fit .

Gave the sherry an oil and filter change change in the snow the neighbours thought I was silly though

Degreased engine bay (quick attempt before dark), wrapped all the electrics in foil and gave it a once over, cleaned it off and started her up to dry- all going fine- then, when drying off water left on a hose, engine stopped dead. Started her up again, no problems, went back to same area and wiggled things, moved same hose, nothing happened- engine idling nicely. Then wiggled every connection everywhere- still no problem. :confused4:

Aw crap- so is it only going to happen again when I'm 100 miles from home with no mobile signal?

Vowed never to clean engine again. :bad-words:

nice got some bits throught the post today going to pester edds

to fit them :help: tommoz if weather ok :norty:

Tried to fit new pads, wasnt happening so I took it for a blast to visit my folks. Quiet straight road,too tempting, managed to get it off the clock quite easily.... :shock:

Fit pads and wax tomorrow and clean the driver seat of the brown stain.

Removed old heater motor with the intension of fitting my new one, shame my neck gave away (awaiting a disc replacement at the age of 26!) so never finished the job.

Fixed rear doorcards where the person I bought them off ( bad words) ripped them out of car. Will be picking fibre glass off my hands for a week:(5688c65a-2361-7108.jpg5688c65a-2384-d2f2.jpg5688c65a-23a4-819c.jpg5688c65a-23cb-ec41.jpg still abit of sanding to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moved it back to the old unit. Tried to fix the caliper on the back, noticed that I may have lost a carrier, whoops