Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

I refurb'ed one of the skanky 16s I bought off my mate to get an idea of the finish. Crap pic but you get the idea I'm sure!

removed reaer wheels, spcaed them out and put in longer bolts

slammed the rear

lined up rear lights still look bent

tighten the exhaust a bit to sit better

put on a seat cover

took loads of pics

washed and cleaned old wheels and lights and did a big sh1t

fitted a new breather pipe, nice 50pence sized hole melted into the old one, held together with insulation tape.

need power steering fluid now :(

the never ending g60 repair.

add to the list of : new speakers (all they suck) new wheels, lots of polish, maybe a new vacuum hose, maybe clean the isv try and sort that over-fuelling on start up problem

Bought mine a lovely Audi TT interior well seats anyway(at a bargain price!) :D ... No idea how to fit them but never mind!! :D

changed my fuel filter and fuel pump..what a b*****d job everything was rusted on, dont think the fuel filter had been touched since it came out the factory. next on list is replace sticky thermostat and temp sensors

sent three modernline's off to be refurbed @ spit n'polish..........put a set of G60 BBS on and fitted a sub and components to my golf....

Had my front left wheel fall of at about 30mph coming off the A12 F*****G scary i can tell you.

Am also having some serious problems with my car electrical system.

The alternator is only outputting around 13.6V which im told is not quite enough, its been overhauled around 6 months ago.

Also sometimes the car starts other times it doesnt

Any ideas from anyone??

over the past couple of days i have...

paid £200 for alloys... paid £300 for getting my exhasut all fixed up (just need the back box now).... Paid £90 for 2 tyres (as found out was sliding round corners cos tyres were gubbed, do'h!!!) paid £15 for a plug in heater to do me til i can be a***d putting the mtrix in... done the roof n bonnet with stuff to stop her going pink... stood at kitchen window looking at her all shiney thinking 'aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww..........'

bought a months supply of beans n soup cos its all i can afford to eat now :roll:

cleaned it saturday & left the car outside mates house in london, y'day it was covered in bird shit.. so cleaned it again when i got home & did a big shit!

late but on saturday, ran the basslink remote cable in properly down the tunnel and shined her up for yesterdays agm. Covered in sh1t again now coz it rained all the way home

Sat - Drove to Oldham to buy Shane K's 2.0 16v, drove back. Chuffed to bits, now a proud owner of my first corrado. Gave it a quick clean and admired it lovingly. Mate came round and admired it too.

Sun - Drove over to said mates house for an Autoglym party. Extensively cleaned car from top to toe. Went in for a cuppa, came out ten mins later with camera to find it p*ssing down......typical. In the rain repaired x2 HT leads that were split till i can pick some up. Had another cuppa whilst staring out the kitchen window at her smiling to myself :D

Cleaned ISV and TB again. Checked electrics to try and start it. No luck. Swore. Swore again. Took out seats and removed carpet. Washed carpet and left to dry. Would you belive the crud that came off it (its beige so shows every damn mark). Now looks nice and clean but its going to an auto technician to sort out so I'll put the carpet it when it comes back.

Painted engine cover in nice aluminium HT paint. Just need to start the b###ard now.

Today I did an oil change and it took me a good half hour to get the bloody filter off!!

Tomorrow or weds I'm going to change the front brake discs and pads. Then I just have the water pump to fit and the clutch to sort out and the exhaust to fix.......... the list goes on :(

Put my car in for a service at RPB of Pymouth and asked them to have a go at sorting the bonnt release cable! Drove off in a bright green 1.5 diesel citroen AX realising exactly how nice my car is to drive!

1) Fitted Borbet A's - they caught like a b1tch scrubbed one tyre quite badly, so took them off again, and now waiting for an arch rolling tool!!!

2) Replaced drivers side door latch bit as supplied by daves16v