Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Had my sump reinforced by welded a chunk of metal to the bottom, also tried to respray part of the wings with rattle cans (came out not that great)

Or how to turn your Rado into a Mattel Hot Wheels die-cast model.

thats a bit harsh? wheels can be resprayed why not have some fun?

i wouldnt cut up or screw stuff into interior plastics, but each to their own..

carbon wrapped inner door pull inserts and door mirror triangle thingy's.

looks good (imo)

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Fitted two Thule 591s on my original Roofbars, and didn't paint my lovely original Speedlines a horrific colour

nope,just turned it into an upside down sledge:joker2:

Not really, just calling it as i see it. No offence was meant or intended either way. I'd rather have a small modification on my interior plastics which is functional and practical than have wheels the colour of which would probably burn your Corneas out at 20 yards!! :)

No, he's right, I should stick to boring silver BBS like every other bugger in the world with a VW. :roll:

No, he's right, I should stick to boring silver BBS like every other bugger in the world with a VW. :roll:

Well that's not true for all VWs - just look at the variation of paint jobs, styles, customisation, etc for aircooled dubs. It's good to see someone being a bit more adventurous and different with a corrado - though I am a bit concerned about what you've done - have you just done the one wheel or all 4 ? :D

Hey Jim havent seen you here for a while. Liking the wheels mate - sometimes its good to be different :D

Didnt you have some toxic green D90s?

Hey Jim havent seen you here for a while. Liking the wheels mate - sometimes its good to be different :D

Didnt you have some toxic green D90s?

Alright Gaz, yeah been ages. See you on PSN playing Battlefield all the time tho :) No I didn't have green D90s! That was a fella called vwdeviant iirc. And to answer the other bloke, its actually only on 1 as a tester, but as I have 8 speedies, I won't be cruising around with it like that. I'll be getting some winter tyres and then will do the set.

Well guys my heater gave up the ghost a few months back obviously scanned through the forum and kinda realised either way new part or used part it seemed like an easy job to do...Soooooooo I picked up a Mk2 Golf heater motor for £5 can you get your breath it was promised to me that it worked.

Went out to the car this morning at approximately 10.00am removed the shelf.. located blower removed......replaced the five pin resistor...went back to the car replaced new / old blower motor....ignition on and ....OMG I have all for speeds.

Have to to say it and I always do... but all of you guys and this beloved forum is a gold mine of knowledge and experience.

Ok all said your could argue it was always going to be an easy fix but how good does it feel when your daily runner has heat and air.

Thanks Guys and of course Girls......Bones...ow forgot to say 17 mins from start to finish what a repair.

Well guys my heater gave up the ghost a few months back obviously scanned through the forum and kinda realised either way new part or used part it seemed like an easy job to do...Soooooooo I picked up a Mk2 Golf heater motor for £5 can you get your breath it was promised to me that it worked.

Went out to the car this morning at approximately 10.00am removed the shelf.. located blower removed......replaced the five pin resistor...went back to the car replaced new / old blower motor....ignition on and ....OMG I have all for speeds.

Have to to say it and I always do... but all of you guys and this beloved forum is a gold mine of knowledge and experience.

Ok all said your could argue it was always going to be an easy fix but how good does it feel when your daily runner has heat and air.

Thanks Guys and of course Girls......Bones...ow forgot to say 17 mins from start to finish what a repair.

Can you pop over and do mine?? Free Tea/coffee and Bacon Butties included!! :D :D :D

Honestly fella super super easy just follow the forum guide if you were closer id do it for you no problem.:thumbleft:

Bones.

Honestly fella super super easy just follow the forum guide if you were closer id do it for you no problem.:thumbleft:

Bones.

Pretty certain mine is not a motor problem as i have blower on 4 only - looking like the the wotzit fuse has gone. Will have

to get round to doing this before the Winter though. Pleased to hear replacing the motor is a doddle if it comes to that. :D

Honestly for the messing about with the thermal fuse which you have to re solder in place ... Find yourself a mk 2 golf motor and I'll talk you thought it ... By faaaaaaaar the easier route.

Regards Bones

Honestly for the messing about with the thermal fuse which you have to re solder in place ... Find yourself a mk 2 golf motor and I'll talk you thought it ... By faaaaaaaar the easier route.

Regards Bones

There's some on eBay now. So if you change the motor, you don't have to faff around with fuses and solderiong irons?

Sounds like a winner to me!! :)

---------- Post added at 2:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:18 PM ----------

There's this.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-MOTOR-NEW-VW-GOLF-MK2-CORRADO-JETTA-gti-cl-vr6-gtd-driver-16v-8v-etc-/221122813795?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1993455315001714354%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D6%26

---------- Post added at 4:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:21 PM ----------

Just wangled a long w/end off so i'm going to replace the Thermal Fuse. Found another thread

http://website.lineone.net/~quigger/heater.htm with really good/clear pics so i'm confident of doing

this now. Hopefully, i'll have an all 4speed up n' running heater/blower by Sunday night. Inshallah!! :)

That's the kinda thing ... Really you can pick them up cheaper if you shop around ...

Bones

---------- Post added at 7:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:13 PM ----------

Go for it fella that's the only way we learn let me know how you get on ??

Bones

That's the kinda thing ... Really you can pick them up cheaper if you shop around ...

Bones

---------- Post added at 7:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:13 PM ----------

Go for it fella that's the only way we learn let me know how you get on ??

Bones

Well, i've kind of won!! Got the knee-parcel shelf off and managed to get the motor out in less than 2 minutes!! Ta-Da!!! It was surprisingly clean inside. Took the metal fuse cover off and disposed of the old Thermal Fuse. Soldering back a new one in place was a bit of a sods opera with only one pair of hands, but i got there in the end The old fuse wouldn't come out of the crimped holder completely, so i just soldering the new one in place. Put the motor back in and switched on....... and this is where i've only partially won. The blower now works on 1,2 and 3 but not on four.

Before i put the new Thermal Fuse in, it only worked on four. I decided to have a look at the Copper contacts behind the dial but i couldn't get the heater control out. All the screws came out nicely but it appears to he held in there by other bits of metal and plastic. I didn't want to tempt providence, so i just put the screws back in and replaced the panel and the knobs and left it at that.

I can live with a blower working on 1,2 and 3 which let's face it, is better than only working on 4 alone. I'll give myself 6 out of 10 for this one!! :) :)

Edited by VR-Sixy

Fitted a new clutch slave cylinder today as i was starting to loose clutch pedal in traffic, seems better now ,also began waxing car with some Dodo wax blue velvet which i bought recently.Good stuff ,a good shine with not too much effort ! Getting cleaned up for Berkley Castle in 2 weeks

Attempted to fit new clutch master cylinder as the slave cyl i fitted in last post didn't cure problem:-( .however wrong part supplied by GSF so had to put it back together again to get it back in garage.Bit of a pain! while i had it out removed osf & osr wheels,gave them a good clean & polish & jet washed arches & suspension so achieved something at least