Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Took my son to his friends party at the village hall. Parked it up, got out, looked back and thought how interesting corrados look compared to the average, full, family wagon. In the land of the boring the Corrado is king.

Then went for a test drive to check it still sounds great on full chat. I can confirm it does :thumbleft:

---------- Post added at 5:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:45 PM ----------

Took my son to his friends party at the village hall. Parked it up, got out, looked back and thought how interesting corrados look compared to the average, full, family wagon. In the land of the boring the Corrado is king.

Then went for a test drive to check it still sounds great on full chat. I can confirm it does :thumbleft:

---------- Post added at 5:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:45 PM ----------

:D

Today I drank beer, had a BBQ and fitted the PAS bottle bracket, front engine hoist eye and the bracket that clips the injector loom just in front of the cool pack following sand blasting etc..

Not quite today or yesterday even, but last weekend service the spoiler and its lifting and lowering smoothly once more - thanks to Dragon Green for pointing put the how to

This evening I fitted my new starter motor kindly sold to me by CazzaVR and my rado finally runs again :)

Took her out for a nice spin.

Next job give the engine a full service as I havent a clue the last time it has been done

Hah and I fixed the most annoying rattle/squeak ever!

I could hear a rattle from dashboard area for ages... what was worse, as soon as dashboard got direct sunlight and it became warm, instead of rattle it was very annoying squeak. I have checked every little screw and bit of plastic, I was even removing dashboard bit by bit over past few weeks to locate what was causing it... and, heh what a fool I was!

It's shame to admit , but it was the dashboard itself, I am not sure how I didn't spot that before. Simply saying I located the bolt under scuttle area (right pain in the neck to get access to) and the bolt was loose, after 45 mins of swearing, sweating and cutting my fingers I managed to tighten it properly... and whoila no more squeaks or rattles.

Nice one, I think almost every persons car I have ever done something on the dash in over the years those nuts are loose or missing!

Jay

New wiring looms for the headlights arrived today.... just have to get my mate to fit them as i would in all probability, nause it all up beyond redemption. A BIG shout out to ZAK for making the looms. You're a Diamond Geezer. Cheers. :) :) :)

Edited by VR-Sixy

Washed, cleaned, polished. And then quickly getting into the dry before next shower from above. 10 degrees cel. Brrrr....

Cheers,

Redfox.

Found and purchased a set of ford motorsport redtop injectors.

All in cost me £40 :)

Should help the G60 out a little bit

Finally got round to fitting updated headlight conversion and now I have white headlights.

fitted a bonnet stay as the old one was ready for snapping:cool:

Hmm... I was lazy today, but still managed to wash outside and inside. Also checked (as far as my checking goes) every pipe, electrical connector, cable, hose, etc .. in engine bay and under the car. Seem all good - happy with outcome, took it on a short journey through some random roads.

Fitted new passenger driveshaft, wishbone + ball joint and tie rod assembly.

Got to do the driver side tomorrow

Changed my rear lights to all reds, plus removed the rear wiper!

But need to take the motor out and disconnect the water feed, any tips guys on finishing this job off?

G60 had the charger changed yesterday, had been making some strange wizzing noises spinning up from cold which disappeared after a few minutes of driving but also sometimes a bit clattery on idle when hot. Had done approx 125k miles since fitted without a rebuild !!

On inspection after it was removed the the little toothed belt had most of its teeth missing, phew must have got the replacement fitted just in time.

Replacement was purchased a couple of years ago from one of our colleagues on this forum, had been fitted as a new charger to a rado by a dealer in London & done approx 25k before the car was a write-off. In 2003 the supercharger was £1762 inc VAT parts & £200 lab fitted by Dovercourt.

After 2yrs in a box in my wardrobe with the occasional manual turn I put a dribble of good quality synthetic oil into both the oil feed & drain holes a few days before it was due to be fitted & turned it several times to distribute it. Fitted & now running well without any nasty noises.

Also got the thermostat replaced, old one was getting tired, symptoms ran cool on the open road but hot in traffic. Now gets up to 80c quicker & stays there over much wider range of driving conditions.

Oh & it got another years MOT.

Happy G60 owner

---------- Post added at 9:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 PM ----------

Edited by Album56
double entry

Took a look at the key mark on my wing that some idiot did the other night.

52085f9b-1688-5c94.jpg

Asked at a few body shops and they all wanted to repaint it.

An hour or so with some 2000 grade paper and cutting compound shifted it

52085f9b-16e1-36fe.jpg

Going to have a go at a couple of others tomorrow after today's success

Took a look at the key mark on my wing that some idiot did the other night.

52085f9b-1688-5c94.jpg

Asked at a few body shops and they all wanted to repaint it.

An hour or so with some 2000 grade paper and cutting compound shifted it

52085f9b-16e1-36fe.jpg

Going to have a go at a couple of others tomorrow after today's success

Nice work :)