Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

today i found out my sunroof hasnt been closed all weekend and found 2inches of water in passenger side :mad2:

so i took the carpet out and found two pioneers units

1.pioneer avic x3 hide away unit with all wires

2.pioneer cd-btb200

looked on ebay and there is a no1 goin for£410 and no2 will work on my radio :clap:

so the water was a good thing at once :D

modded an exhaust cam to be used as inlet, not sure about the new timing mark I have done anyway :cuckoo:

any help on this?

Sorry - can't see the upside of this - could you explain? [could it be you're using a partially worn part of the cam?]

BTW I have apair of 98k std cams if you're interested!

Took Corryn in for her MOT - the ol' girl passed with flying colours! :clap:

[despite an advisory last year re rear beam needing some Waxoyl so spare beam renovation can proceed at leisurely pace!]

Can proceed at leisurely pace LOL. You had that advisory last year and from what I know any new rear beam has been pretty leisurely so far!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I've had Tom's old beam only since November! Anyhow - got another 12 months now!

Got 1 out of 3 sheared stub-axle scews out now, just started heat treatment on the last 2 after a month of plus-gas failed.

Also got something more important to do [now that MOT's out of the way] - fit Shaun's old tailor made 2.5" decat ex pipe!

Also got something more important to do [now that MOT's out of the way] - fit Shaun's old tailor made 2.5" decat ex pipe!

I cant wait to hear it!! :clap:

I cant wait to hear it!! :clap:

I'm rather hoping you won't be able to hear it in Amman! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Took it to my local independent garage and it didn't make the bloody knocking sound at all on the way there, or when Nick drove it or when I drove home :mad2:

He reckons most likely inner CV Joint. Sod it I'm gonna buy one and get him to sort it - Can't be arsed doing this in the road in this weather. I'll start with the left and see what happens, unless anyone else has any better ideas??? :shrug:

near side outer cv joint andlower ball joint - 2 hours in the dark on the drive.

will tackle the off side tomorrow. :norty:

Done some more work on the new engine and gearbox today. sorry no pics but happy with progress so far. shame is winter and have to work outside stupid time to do it I know. rebuilt a 16v engine with 2inches of snow around last year our lass just laughed when see came home and seen me. I do pick the right time.

hopefully engine and box should be ready for the summer :D

washed "Margaret" for the first time in ages !! now i know why people have winter wheels, got some black spots on my borbets that just won't budge :(

Yesterday fitted new rear door card clips, fitted Daves16v's drivers door handle kit to my broken handle, took 'leccy mirror switch apart and cleaned it and Bingo! They now work :grin: :clap: Fixed central locking so that works to now!!!

Productive day!

Well what i did to my corrado today was, the same as i did yesterday looked at it tucked up nice and cozy in the garage. Then i lightly ran my hand over it with my polishing rag to remove a layer but very light layer i must add of dust that had occured over night. Roll on summer sunshine 8) I really should get out more :grin:

Cleaned and replaced some components on the tail gate struts, nice and tidy now. Tyres stripped off wheels ready for taking to the next level, but the black will be replaced with a more suitable silver OE style finish.

Washed it. Stood and scratched my head at how the backbox is how hanging off, and only being held in place by the rubbers. Think some new exhaust bits might well be on the cards!

Fitted new plastics to the seat runners on the drivers seat. No more wobbling around. :) Then drove it. Also started and moved the 16v.

Well not technically today, but last weekend I finally tax'd insured and MOT'd it, then this weekend I finally finished getting the glue off from where I had removed the rubber side strips nearly a year a ago :lol: Going to need a machine polish when the weather is a bit nicer. Also finished spraying the front VR6 badge and fitted that. Finally I did some stripping to the only wheel that I am going to strip myself. Such a shite job!