Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted new plastics to the seat runners on the drivers seat. No more wobbling around. :) Then drove it. Also started and moved the 16v.

If that was the first movement this year - it will have been painful! :shock:

HNY :wave:

Drove it, first time since the 18th December.

Damn it was good :)

Jammy burger!

There's still salt on the roads down here - not enough rain yet. [Never thought I'd ever say that.]

Fitted new plastics to the seat runners on the drivers seat. No more wobbling around. :) Then drove it. Also started and moved the 16v.

If that was the first movement this year - it will have been painful! :shock:

HNY :wave:

Nah, I did get it to roll last weekend. The pads were well and truly rusted on. Needed a lot of revs, and abuse of the clutch!

Changed the thermoswitch for he coolant temp for the gauges. Finally my gauge reads exactly what it should! Glad i didnt manage to change the thermostat, last weekend.

Need to check out the back box knocking on the rear axle, its been fine for months then suddenly started knocking.

Fitted Blue Optic Lamin-x to the headlamps mightily impressed lights up Really white, cheers Neil!!

I've had some of those plastic seat fittings kicking round for awhile, must get them sorted, seats are wobbily!!

Unpacked my 'new' secondhand Mk4 rear calipers, that Parcel Farce left nextdoor without putting a ticket through the door, chap brought it round about 9pm-ish! Good man, although we did wonder who the feck it would be at that hour!!!!

:nono: 'Check it's not weirdos before you open the door!' - yes dear! :salute: :wave:

Something to clean up - might even paint them!

I've had some of those plastic seat fittings kicking round for awhile, must get them sorted, seats are wobbily!!

It's a nice quick job, and makes it feel so mich nicer. Well worth faffing around with!

Gonna do it straight after I shower, dress and have some lunch!

Been a dressing gown and laptop morning but I've got stuff done now so that's good. More Lamin-X arrived today as well, the fogs and indicators are gonna get it too!! :lol:

currently trying to get myself round to giving it a good clean, snow foam came yesterday :D

yesterday did thermostat because my car wasn't getting up to temp quick enough, although seemed like a good thing because it never overheated just meant it was freezing all the way to work every morning

Went to DG Autotech and got Magnex backbox fitted after my "stainless steel" Powerflow one rusted in half and dropped off... :) Nice day to give the Corrado a good run - totally blue skies but BLOODY cold! :)

removed rear bumper, cut rust and corrosion out of rear arch water drain, made a new metal plate,welded into position and sealed. :?

Cleaned it, removed the door handle, did some metalwork on the door, removed the doorcard, reset the Daves 16v metal striker, removed and repaired the steering wheel plastic cowling, charged the battery, hot wired it 8)

Replaced a handbrake cable. was really hard to get the clips that hold it onto the rear beam off and the freezing cold didnt help

I now have a fully working hand brake :D

Finally got the heating working on the mirrors using some self adhesive 12v heating foils. Now have toasty mirrors at the flick of a switch :lol:

Finally got the heating working on the mirrors using some self adhesive 12v heating foils. Now have toasty mirrors at the flick of a switch :lol:

Oooo do give details as I have one that dont work propperly

swapped the front VW silver badge for black, applied first coat of paint to my new number plate light cover, and then carried on sanding back my first wheel ready for spraying.

A good scrub then fitted led white side lights and bi-xenon hid's...........now i can see at night :clap: