Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

yep Im out, and after seeing the car in the daylight I want to get it on the road asap :) It started up first time which was good. Need to find the carrier though :( could be anywhere. looking into mk4 rears now I think

If you need a carrier mate, i have a brand spanking new one in the garage you can have. got it with a new caliper but just kept the old carrier. If i remember rightly, the carrier will fit either side.

started working on some blue backlighted gauges and red glowing needles (backlighted as well).

-the blue light you can see in the pics looks gayer than it is. It's really darker.

-the gauges look a lot better than in the pics. I hope I'll have it 100% done and working by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, so... pics to follow :D

-the needles are not pink!!! They lit up in a stronger red color...

Corrado92.pdf18012011(004).jpg[/attachment:3hsxpa1t]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf18012011(003).jpg[/attachment:3hsxpa1t]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf18012011(005).jpg[/attachment:3hsxpa1t]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf18012011(006).jpg[/attachment:3hsxpa1t]

18012011(007).jpg[/attachment:3hsxpa1t]

Will be interested on how these look! ^^ :D

Will let you know ;)

I'll do it tomorrow after a job interview (!!!!)

Will let you know ;)

Hope it went well, i have one tomorrow too!!!!

Changed my broken DDI dials for new ones. Found I had no battery power left so couldn't check them. Next step, get a jump start from the old man when he comes down at the weekend.

Will let you know ;)

Hope it went well, i have one tomorrow too!!!![/quote:3vreamdw]

I had one yesterday. it went like a crap but I was not interested in the job anyway. I just went there as I've been 4 years without any job interviews (as I've been working in the same place) and I thought it would be good to learn how-to do successful interviews LOL so I went there just to practice

the one I had today was about a good job IMO and if they call me back, as I'll earn more money than I do now, there may be a rebuilt abf dropped into my tired KR :D

I've not been able to do any dials working though :(

Ive had experience with a few internal interviews but not external. Its my first external one in like 7 years :?

Im trying to get into an industry that ive been doing at my current job, but to actually get paid for doing it as opposed to doing it voluntarily as an extra on top of what i normally do. It alot more cash then what im on now. Which wil be nice :D

No worries, im patient and still interested to see.

I'll try to do it tomorrow but I'll have to replace the distry cap and rotor arm and spark plugs... so I don't know it I'll have any time left :(

bugger I've been waiting so long to do these dials, and now that I've received the electroluminiscent panel, more problems occur in the car :mad: :mad: :mad:

Finally after 4+ months fitter rear strut brace

and swapped interiors over, just celing trims left for tomorrow

Fitted flywheel back on followed by new Sachs clutch kit. Gearbox case degreased and ready to be fitted back on. dremeled the bolts off the manifold between the cat and downpipe, no way they where going to come off with a spanner and a squirt of WD40 :)

Replaced Earth Lead from bonnet > bulkhead plus new expansion tank - Flushed rad and topped up with G12++

Ian.

Is that strap actually needed? Mine fell apart!