Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

replaced the os window regulator one week with no door panel got on my :censored:ing nerves

water leak again new flange on the said of the head

& a g-werks solid tensioner need to make some spacers for it :grin:

Fitted a BMC induction kit to the VR on Saturday. Took it out for a few thrashes and subsequently removed it again today.

Very entertaining I must admit - did have a huge grin on my face. But just a bit too loud and "look at me" to be honest! I must be getting old or something!

attempted to clean the valver for the first time in 7 months, gave up after washing off two wheels and went out for a ride on the road bike instead..

Fitted a BMC induction kit to the VR on Saturday. Took it out for a few thrashes and subsequently removed it again today.

Very entertaining I must admit - did have a huge grin on my face. But just a bit too loud and "look at me" to be honest! I must be getting old or something!

Did it have the cold air feed on it mate, as they are a bit louder with it off??

Didn't put the cold air feed on yet as I just wanted to give it a try, and wasn't sure on routing and cutting the pipe - I have a lack of tools for this kind of job! :(

Fitted an updated headlight loom and the difference is just. Dipped beam is now brighter than main beam, think I should have got a 2 relay version!

little progress. speed and rpm done (incl. needles).

mfa done, but needles pending (need 2 leds!!)

I hope it'll be finished by tomorrow :D

DSCN8072.JPG[/attachment:3nlauiwy]

That looks sweet mate, hope you're going to do a how to :D ;)

sure!

Just need to finish it before.

the total amount spent doen't exceed 30Pounds including backlight and needles :)

RPM dial sits a little to the right, I mean, it's not really centered but I can do nothing about it now :(

I'll get myself some leds and try to finish it tomorrow :)

langers came round today , and we got the sunroof sorted :clap: . i hate the bleedin thing its caused me so much grief ,so glad ive got another job ticked off the list .

edit thanks to matt vr for lending me the bently manual without this i would have struggled and nath for help with the motor synching

Good stuff, wouldnt mind giving this a go with my VR clocks, they need brightening up.

How come the needle doesnt sit on its original spindle?

Let me know when you've got it all sorted and a how to going :D

Good stuff, wouldnt mind giving this a go with my VR clocks, they need brightening up.

How come the needle doesnt sit on its original spindle?

Let me know when you've got it all sorted and a how to going :D

it was just to test illumination. now it sits right :D

MFA needles look crap. It'll take longer than I thought at first :(

Swapped my spoiler control over to a later one,

now it goes up at 56mph instead of 45 mph,

after ten years of watching it rise at 45,it`s going to take some getting used to ! :shock:

Got my tax disc today after having the C SORN'd for the last couple of months (it was tucked up nice and dry in the garage). Gave everything a quick check over and it fired up and ran perfectly. Went for a drive in it which was great. It made me realise how nice it is to drive. Looking forward to getting it tidied-up for Summer. I have got loads of tidying up to do on the interior following the matrix replacement last year.

Edited by Dan_Storm

Put new steering wheel on finished wiring up iluminated gear knob so its on a switched live instead of just with the lights on and gave a quick polish. Sorry about pics phone camera.

08022011197.jpg

08022011194.jpg

08022011192.jpg

Went to Rugby and back to see a client, 100 miles each way, 35.4mpg there, 33.6mpg back...

Picked up a set of Estorils with 4 good tyres on the way home too!

Marc

Fitted my tank straps which have been powder coated, and fitted the exhaust. Which was a bit of a nightmare as I forgot to fit the bracket so had to take it back off!

Thought I'd have a go and fire it up. Managed it in the end but the battery is fubar.

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for a new one?

Cheers

Fitted my tank straps which have been powder coated, and fitted the exhaust. Which was a bit of a nightmare as I forgot to fit the bracket so had to take it back off!

Thought I'd have a go and fire it up. Managed it in the end but the battery is fubar.

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for a new one?

Cheers

I think I paid £45-55 for my halfords calcium one last year, that was with a trade card though.

Changed the coolant hose that goes from under the expansion tank to the aux water pump/stat housing. Pretty painless really.

Also replaced the bracket for my BMC as the other one had sheared off.