Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Opened the side door on the garage,looked at it,shook my head and cried a little,as I figure out what to do with it........ :cry: :oops:

replaced the fuel injectors with the mercedes ones which where an ebay steal.

lost one of the fuel injection bolts in the engine bay (sigh)

spent about an hour looking for it....... finally found it.

connected everything up and hey presto quite a bit more urge and a nicer idle.

The first two injectors had a fair bit of skanky oil build up on them.

The breather return into the airbox had been bleeding oil into the airbox and I'm reasonably sure this was the cause. I removed that problem though a couple of weeks back so this should not re-occur.

Also I read the thread regularly as I like to hear what little things other people have been upto.

Lets me know I'm not alone in lying on the driveway underneath the car when its 0 degrees out!!!

Lets me know I'm not alone in lying on the driveway underneath the car when its 0 degrees out!!!

surely you would have noticed if someone else was there? :oops:

Friday 18th :- Had a new alarm fitted

friday night:- weather was freezing like -10

Saturday:- Car wouldnt start, Battery dead, no charge what so ever, think it might be the new alarm

Saturday night- tried to see if it was the alarm, maybe a fault with it?

Sunday: - very cold walk to work, no car!

Monday night: brought new battery, fitted it in -0 temperatures, car starts. Also took boot light bulb out as after reading a thred on here mym switch had broken which meant the light was on 24/7, obvioulsy not helping my battery.

i usually read it all too.... its nice to hear that people have as many probs as I do!!!! :lol:

lately all I've had done is the new wheels on because, shhhhhhh dont let her hear me, shes working absolutely fine.... yay!!! :lol:

drove the g60 to work tonight cold and foggy, she really flew!! last drive before pre respray strip down, bumper arrived (cheers leon!) need to get craking with the bbs now, as the interior is going to take the rest of the winter along with the bay work and charger refurb. so glad the valver passed its mot first time not bad for a free rado eh?!

today I mostly failed the mot. (sigh)

couple of niggly bits (no real biggy there) but previous owner had lowered the car sufficiently that the front tyres are rubbing against the inner wheel wells at the front on full lock.

have just ordered some 40mm drop springs for front and rear which should also address the problem of the car currently having almost no suspension travel at all, which on the b roads round here was not only shaking the c apart but was likely to end up as a dentists apoointment for me to have the fillings that had shaken loose replaced.

Down side is the C will look like a 4x4 compared to now!

Talked to a friend who's sorting me out the right resister for my spoiler system. Found the ones the morons at Maplin sold me was completely wrong....

Must remember to laugh at them next time I zoom passed.... :lol:

drove the valver all day today! its lovely driving a car that has cost absolutely nothing! i can feel it getting looser the more miles i put on it. the bars is still holding up in the matrix too phew!!

took her for paint!! :D :D , spent all day yesterday making lists for the painter and stripping all the old bits off then finding all the new bits ready for colour coding etc. made a few last minute descisions nothing major but will look cool. my girl has told me about 20 times to stop worrying about it and it will be fine! thing is im going to new york on thursday so someone is going to be working on my car whilst im so far away what if they need to ring me? damn im doing it again!! :lol: cant wait to start on the engine bay!

yeah like when he sets fire to it whilst welding the chassis up after a certain error and he has to call you btw ive worked it out 8" and 8.5 rr with the perfect offset your laughing and seriously slammmmmmmed

does that not worry you billinjahg60, that if you dont put the, bolts back on right or forget or lose one it could be quite serious! what you doing to them anyway?

nice idea, I guess I'll put what I've done the last month or so then :)

- changed the instrument cluster lighting to red, put it all back together, for then realizing the leftmost doesn't work

- took apart the entire mid section of the dash to re-earth my new cd player, for then to realize it didn't help on the alternator feedback or banging in the start of each song

- fitted a new gearknob and gaitor, for then to rip off one of the leads that powers the light inside it. damn.

- fitted a new air filter and a chrome air filter bend. The filter has about 1 cm clearance from the alternator belt now. Stupid design.

uhm, that was about it I guess.. I need to give it a wash soon :)