Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Spent the day trying to rectify the faults since I had it serviced (sounds well doesn't it)

Refitted the genuine spark plugs that the 'mechanic' told me were wrong

Changed the wiper blades that I stipulated on my jobs list and was billed for but not done

Refitted the vac advance pipes that were left of by the aforementioned 'mechanic'

Untrapped the clutch pedal from the dash tray that I was billed for a new clutch for.

Booked it into an 'expert' cos Ive been out of the motor trade for 12 years and worried I wouldn't get it right and dont have much spare time working 12 hour days. So after £885 I have fixed it myself. In future I think it'll go to a proper VW dealer or at least someone who knows one end of a car from the other, better still, will do it myself. How angry am I :bad-words:

Gave mine a quick wash with my new Dodo Juice Born to be Mild shampoo (fantastic stuff as is always the case with DJ products), for the first time ever I will not be in a mad rush prior to a show weekend

^ you sure it wasnt a were rabbit? :lol: pesky rabbits used to be the bain of my life with my mk1 gti front duckbill :bad-words:

why do animals run into the road from the relatively safe haven of a raised grass bank behind a fence into the path a 1 ton car :shrug:

a bit :offtopic: i was thinking of putting little stickers down the doors so i could make a tally of the various critters i have hit especially in my van :lol: , i set off at 5am to go to work and it seems like most animals reactions are even slower at that time of the morning, especially pigeons, pheasant, and rabbits, they just sit there seemingly oblivious to the van heading towards them and you can guarantee if you swerve they swerve the same way :cuckoo:

I usually manage to avoid the stationary ones with the van as they usually just freeze so you can drive over them without harm, but the corrado is a bit lower :(

Its the ones that jump out of the hedgerows just as your passing that usually end up as road kill, in the last couple of years they have cost me 2 grills, 2 windscreens, 1 mirror, 1 headlight and now a cv boot

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee!

sounds more like hunting than it does like driving...you know vehicles are intended for your driving pleasure and not meant to be used with deadly intentions?![/quote:dxyjqr3k]

It's pidgeons with me .....usually in flight.....I know its an awful thing to say but seeing one in the rear view mirror rolling along the road after being hit is really quite satisfying..............Raddo 3 Pidgeons 0 :D

Just finished adjusting my new coilovers after a week of bed-in time, and waxoyled them liberally :)

Shouldn't have any problems with adjusting them again in future, although I'm running barely 2 fingers gap between front arches and tyres, and a bit less at the back, so don't see much need to 8)

Took my front nearside rim to my local garage to get it rebalanced after I managed to ping off the old counterweight as I gently kerbed it :cry:

Good news was they didn't charge me. Way to build loyalty dudes :salute: :clap: Kidlington Tyre and Exhaust Centre - go there! (free plug) :wink:

Just finished adjusting my new coilovers after a week of bed-in time, and waxoyled them liberally :)

Shouldn't have any problems with adjusting them again in future, although I'm running barely 2 fingers gap between front arches and tyres, and a bit less at the back 8)

Stick a bicycle inner tube over them (the whole spring and everything) and you'll never have any problems with adjustments, your seals will last longer, and they stay looking new underneath.

Shouldn't have any problems with adjusting them again in future, although I'm running barely 2 fingers gap between front arches and tyres, and a bit less at the back, so don't see much need to 8)

Stick a bicycle inner tube over them (the whole spring and everything) and you'll never have any problems with adjustments, your seals will last longer, and they stay looking new underneath.

I take it you need plenty of lube to get the rubber on? :norty: It must be quite a tight fit, no? :nuts: :lol:

Today was a bl**dy nightmare.........

taxed the car (been sorn for a few weeks)...had to drive very carefully, due to exhaust having killed the rubbers.....

came home..went out....car not starting.....jumped it with the battery pack

gave it a good run...stopped.....jump started it again.....

picked up new front indicator to rplace the one smashed by dosy cow not stopping at a giveway.......jump started it AGAIN

Picked up new rubbers....jump started it again....

HAD ENOUGH....WENT HOME

Fitted new light, rubbers etc, checked all fluids

Decided to try to start car......been sitting for a good few hours.....BLOODY STARTED FIRST TIME

I HONESTLY THINK THAT VW'S ARE ALL MARDY....LEAVE THEM FOR A WHILE AND THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE

BUT HAPPY TO BACK ON THE ROAD :D :D

Today was a bl**dy nightmare.........

taxed the car (been sorn for a few weeks)...had to drive very carefully, due to exhaust having killed the rubbers.....

came home..went out....car not starting.....jumped it with the battery pack

gave it a good run...stopped.....jump started it again.....

picked up new front indicator to rplace the one smashed by dosy cow not stopping at a giveway.......jump started it AGAIN

Picked up new rubbers....jump started it again....

HAD ENOUGH....WENT HOME

Fitted new light, rubbers etc, checked all fluids

Decided to try to start car......been sitting for a good few hours.....BLOODY STARTED FIRST TIME

I HONESTLY THINK THAT VW'S ARE ALL MARDY....LEAVE THEM FOR A WHILE AND THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE

BUT HAPPY TO BACK ON THE ROAD :D :D

what does mardy mean?

Scuse me ,I have led a sheltered life.

:)

what does mardy mean?

Now then Mardy Bum, I'm in trouble again, aren't I? While you lie over there, pulling that silent dissapointment face, the one that I can't bear....

Grumpy, in a word.

what does mardy mean?

Now then Mardy Bum, I'm in trouble again, aren't I? While you lie over there, pulling that silent dissapointment face, the one that I can't bear....

Grumpy, in a word.

:) :salute:

ironic that I didn't know what that means.

Well i avoided a certain disaster :pale: my g60 started making a funny little squeeking noise at certain revs, couldnt really pinpoint where noise was but it sounded like a bearing, checked charger all good :grin: bloody good job too its only done 6k!!!

took to my mate at GMS in Maidstone, and it was a dying cam belt tensioner :wave: I thought it was the alternator bearings, or one of the other tensioners so i was in the right area :grin: anyway, new genuine vw cam belt and tensioner and alls good again :grin:

And i spent the last 3 days absolutely cleaning and feeding my new grey leather interior i bought from ejmgt on the forum, lovely interior but boy did it need a clean, ed had done some of the hard work, but you should see it now Ed:grin: it gleams like new!! i spent about a tenner on armour all wipes and the same on Megs Aloe leather cleaner and seperate feeder, and about 10 hours labour!!!! but it was defo worth it, really makes the car

I fitted most of it in the car tonight with some help from Digger B (who also gave me a lift to Surrey to pick it all up in his van, cheers stu :wave: ) I just Have the front door cards to put in tommorow, as it got too dark to see properly even with outside lighting on :lol:

Suspension next :norty:

Collected my car from having the following fitted..

Wishbones

Track rod ends

Ball joints

Front engine mount

Inner steering rod boot

Oil n filter change

Aux belt

Rear brake discs and pads

Rear bearings

4 new toyo tyres

Now need it tracked and cambered up!

Spent the morning replacing the windscreen washer pump I broke the other day trying to drain the rather foul smelling water from thr bottle. Dub dealer wanted £40 just for the pump, got a NOS pump and bottle for £11.50 in P+P. A flippin bargain. Have also replaced the washer pipes! Smells much better now! Oh, yeah and I fitted my new wiper blades so I can even see where Im going now! :clap:

did myself an oil change + oil filter + air filter; little thing for many of you, but the first time for me... I am not virgin now! :norty:

Sorted my sticking clutch pedal (was catching on the plastic trim under the dash) after Ive just paid a so called mate to do my clutch and a sevice (I supplied all the bits) and he hit me with a £885 bill! :bad-words: I wouldnt mind, but he seems to have forgotten to do the service!

Valetted my interior (car has been stood for two years and sprayed leaves and dust out of the vents when you put the blower on)

Repaired the tops of my interior door cards, they had shrunk and peeled in the sun, a bit of gentle glueing and they look like brand new again! saved me £££££'s

Lookin better but still some way to go, but thats the fun of ownership isnt it? :scratch:

Today I:

Repaired the smoothed front bumper on my new Corrado, fibreglassed the crack and gave the whole recess a coat of filler as it was slightly concave.

STP62259.jpg

Back bumper was cracked to feck, so I spent my evening prepping it for paint too.

STP62262.jpg

Should really start a thread on this one.

Today.............I removed my whole front bumper just so i could get at and replace the missing tow eye cover on the near side!! as you cant get to the lower bumper grille clips with it still on the car :brickwall: lot of work for a small gain! but it does look better for it though :grin: